By how many points will Celtic win the 2016/2017 title?

Celtic's wining margin will be......  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was Aberdeen's problem this season, was it just running out of steam/squad just not strong enough to compete for a whole season?

Simple answer - just not good enough

Slightly extended answer (in my opinion):

- an inexplicable dip in form in October which threatened to derail the whole thing, recovered form after that but damage was done

- Lost the solidity through the spine of the team that allowed us to have the consistency to challenge.  A combination of the loss of Ward and poor form of Reynolds and Taylor.  See how many games we lost from winning positions since the turn of the year for evidence of that, prior to January we very rarely dropped points from a winning position.

- Certain teams working out that we were a bit soft in the middle of the park and by getting in our faces we crumbled a bit.

- reliance on Mcginn and even more so Hayes to create goals

15 points I think was harsh on us in the end but from the day celtic scored their late winner at Killie and we lost to Motherwell we seemed to down tools a bit.

David Blunkett and his guide dog will come on as 89th minute subs for Rangers and rifle home a volley to snatch the title from Celtics grasp and deliver it to Falkirk.

I think you should move this post to the dead teams/terrorists/still in the championship thread.

- an inexplicable dip in form in October which threatened to derail the whole thing, recovered form after that but damage was done

- Lost the solidity through the spine of the team that allowed us to have the consistency to challenge.  A combination of the loss of Ward and poor form of Reynolds and Taylor.  See how many games we lost from winning positions since the turn of the year for evidence of that, prior to January we very rarely dropped points from a winning position.

- Certain teams working out that we were a bit soft in the middle of the park and by getting in our faces we crumbled a bit.

15 points I think was harsh on us in the end but from the day celtic scored their late winner at Killie and we lost to Motherwell we seemed to down tools a bit.

Shat the bed then?

...we've regularly competed at the right end of the table, qualifying for Europe 5 times to Dundee's what once?And even then I think that was a Scottish Cup losers If I mind right.

I think DFC have won the Challenge Cup, what twice, been in Europe once by default, and went into administration twice. Makes them a wee bit inconsequential I'd think.

Trying too hard to show that you are not utterly consumed by your hatred of Dundee IMO.

Inconsequential maybe, but certainly not to you.

Reasonably agree with this. With regards to October I think Europe had a bit of a part to play, in that we were already six games deep and employing the same squad or thereabouts in Croatia and Kazakhstan as we were in the league. There's a question as to whether we had adequate back-up for several key positions, or if there was a possibility for squad rotation, which could perhaps be raised, but I'm not entirely sure if that answer's good enough for the really, really poor dip in form; especially as throughout the season we weren't 'troubled' by any cup runs, which is something we really do need to have this time around. 

Im hoping we push celtic a bit closer next season.For a lot of matches us not playing well there was a hell of a lot.A couple of wis agaisnt celtic and not getting beat by the likes of dundee utd wouldve put us above aberdeen.Rangers and ourselves will chase celtic next season o

I reckon aberdeen will trot along in 4th

Theve had their chance and to me theyve peaked.Us well weve got a lot more to show.

Archived