Fixture List

Shaws88

I know this topic has been raised on numerous occasions but surely enough's enough. It is essential that the Juniors get a fixture list in place to ensure that clubs can plan their season out and also to enhance the reputation of the junior game. People outside of the junior game think it's amateurish not to have this in place. When you ask players to play in 3 or 4 high intensity, physical games a week at this time of the season then you are also putting them at risk of serious injury. It's a shambles and there's no need for it. Introducing the fixture list will also put an end to any conspiracy theories that always seem to pop up at this time of the season.

When games are called off (which happens in the lowland league and the lower senior leagues) then rearrange the fixtures. It's not hard!!! Some people might say "how do we fit the fixtures in". Simple, get rid of the league cup at the start of the season and start the season earlier. Teams don't take the league cup serious anyway and use these games as pre season friendlies. The people at the top of Junior football get paid a good wage and this should be seen as a priority for them. If these people are not willing to introduce this then the teams have to get together and make sure they introduce this. They can't ignore the issue if everyone is asking for the same thing. Probably too much common sense in here for the powers that be to listen to but I had to get that off my chest. Cheers.

Money ? Whit about £300 for winning the bloody useless thing.

We urgently need a 16 team top league as things are a rat race as they stand and it's a sprint .

Teams like Clydebank , Kilwinning , largs and Cumnock would easily slot into the current 12 team league.

Start the league games earlier and make the Ardagh a straight knockout even if still regional to start with in the opening few rounds.

The fixture list wouldn't work because the parks aren't fit for all the rain, frost or snow that falls.

I've heard the argument on Nugent4nil's show many times but even if you could say to a sponsor, "We play Talbot on the 8th November", what are the percentages of having the game on?

The idea of a season long fixture list is a nice notion but in our grade it's pointless.

A few weeks ahead, aye, but not the whole season.

Jim, we have discussed this on the rad................. OH aye sorry. Games get postponed all the time, fact get the Scottish out of the way from November till February do league games, make a fixture list, if Billy Bigbaws wants to sponsor the Arthurlie Pollok game in December 12th and book hospitality get it booked and paid for, if its off they get the rearranged game but you have the £'s............. cynical maybe but the way to go IMO

PS from the other thread, im hoping for carnations.

The pitches in the Juniors are just as good or maybe better than the lowland league and they can manage to have a fixture list in that league. There's too many old fashioned and negative people in the juniors that are stuck in their ways.

The pitches in the Juniors are just as good or maybe better than the lowland league and they can manage to have a fixture list in that league. There's too many old fashioned and negative people in the juniors that are stuck in their ways.

Shaws88, I think you might have just replaced Jim Baxters as my favourite poster on here with that comment............... well almost ;)

Archived