Next ICT Manager - Richie Foran

The board must have thought that JH was irreplaceable only six month ago when Dundee Utd were denied chance to talk to him, how things have turned sour since then. Maybe both parties are partly at fault. Do we need a new manager or just need both the board and Yogi to iron out their differences.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What clubs like ICT and the Amish demonstrate is how important the board/decision makers are. Both clubs consistently outperforming in comparison to other clubs. Managers come and go and it doesn't seem to make that much difference whereas Hibs for example seem to f**k it up no matter who they appoint or how much money they throw at it.

Surely they have make a complete clusterfûck of it eventually though, he added hopefully.

I think the relationship maybe turned when the board put out all the stops to keep him from speaking to United.  Hughes would have had more money to work with there, probably a better salary, at a bigger club and closer to his family etc.  He clearly wanted to leave or at least speak to United but when the board dug their heels in he was denied.  You can note a frosty tone about some of his prouncements to back then and the murmurings of discontent became amplified.

I think the relationship maybe turned when the board put out all the stops to keep him from speaking to United. Hughes would have had more money to work with there, probably a better salary, at a bigger club and closer to his family etc. He clearly wanted to leave or at least speak to United but when the board dug their heels in he was denied. You can note a frosty tone about some of his prouncements to back then and the murmurings of discontent became amplified.

Maybe the Board were fed up of other "bigger" teams coming and tempting another manager away after he has had some success at Inverness and this time decided no more.

What clubs like ICT and the Amish demonstrate is how important the board/decision makers are. Both clubs consistently outperforming in comparison to other clubs. Managers come and go and it doesn't seem to make that much difference whereas Hibs for example seem to f**k it up no matter who they appoint or how much money they throw at it.

Surely they have make a complete clusterfûck of it eventually though, he added hopefully.

We've also had a relatively settled squad during the time we've been in the Premiership/SPL and had a stable backroom staff.  If Hughes leaves then I doubt there'll be a huge change in who takes training, how the players work day-to-day.  Scott Kellacher and Duncan Shearer will still be there, I'm not sure if John Docherty is still involved, he might have retired, but he used to be there to offer continuity.

Allied to that that we've always had a core of guys who were solid and reliable, both in terms of on the pitch and in terms of team spirit, organisation etc (Munro, Duncan, Tokely years ago, now Warren, Draper, Foran, Raven) it's pretty rare for us to have huge turnover.

Press and Journal back page tomorrow talks of ICT working on a severance package for Hughes.

He's an idiot. Decent manager but his ambition way out does his capabilities. I could see him out of work for quite a while again.

Seventh with, what, the ninth or tenth biggest budget and loads of injury issues this season? A year after a record high league placing and a first ever major honour.

Not sure how you can say "our European squad had Wedderburn and Lopez". Who got you to Europe?

Talk of the Celtic job is craziness but I can't see any way this isn't bad for Inverness. Excellent manager even if the budget chat is daft from him.

Press and Journal back page tomorrow talks of ICT working on a severance package for Hughes.

Unreal. Less than a year after winning the cup and he's managed to alienate the ICT board/support so much that he's getting the bullet.

Idiot.

Seventh with, what, the ninth or tenth biggest budget and loads of injury issues this season? A year after a record high league placing and a first ever major honour.

Not sure how you can say "our European squad had Wedderburn and Lopez". Who got you to Europe?

Talk of the Celtic job is craziness but I can't see any way this isn't bad for Inverness. Excellent manager even if the budget chat is daft from him.

post-68311-14636102237968_thumb.jpg

Probably because they get rid of an idiot manager before he completely alienates the support and fills their squad entirely with central midfielders.

I am just glad that Kenny Shiels won't be mentioned for the job due to him being at Derry.

What about Gary McAllister, he was assistant at Liverpool under Roy Hodgson or Brendan Rodgers?

Paul Telfer may also be in the running again plus I expect Chris Sutton to be mentioned too.

I just think its to early for Richie and its a resounding NO from me for Butcher coming back.

Probably because they get rid of an idiot manager before he completely alienates the support and fills their squad entirely with central midfielders.

The same idiot manager who finished above media darling Tommy Wright and equalled his trophy haul last season?

Falkirk fans absolutely finger themselves when they think about Hughes.  Even though he almost ruined them.  Bizarre.

Thankfully the ICT fans, the ICT board, and fans of all other clubs in Scotland can see through him.  His mask has slipped since January, it was all fine and dandy when he had his Shinnie's, his Watkins', his Christie's, his McKay's. But when he fails to replace them, it's suddenly the boards fault for not backing him.  Which is the opposite of what they've actually done.

Bye Yogi.

The same idiot manager who finished above media darling Tommy Wright and equalled his trophy haul last season?

I think it takes a special brand of idiot to go from being untouchable to sacked in less than a year, and not for performances on the pitch. Not really sure what Tommy Wright has to do with it.

Falkirk fans absolutely finger themselves when they think about Hughes. Even though he almost ruined them. Bizarre.

Thankfully the ICT fans, the ICT board, and fans of all other clubs in Scotland can see through him. His mask has slipped since January, it was all fine and dandy when he had his Shinnie's, his Watkins', his Christie's, his McKay's. But when he fails to replace them, it's suddenly the boards fault for not backing him. Which is the opposite of what they've actually done.

Bye Yogi.

Nope, that's just Marsh. The rest of us warned you, but sure you were aware.

Archived