Next ICT Manager - Richie Foran

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terry is surely a shoe in for the gig?

Can't see it. He behaved like a complete fanny when he left last time, sitting with the Hibs board as their guest when we played them at Easter Road when he was still contracted to us, and then when he did join them, making some snide and stupid-sounding comment about how good it was being able to eat M&S sandwiches at Hibs when he had to put up with Lidl at Inverness, or some shite like that - I can't remember exactly what it was. He's also apparently pretty confrontational and controlling behind the scenes, and I suspect the board have had enough of that recently with Hughes.

He did a great job for us, but I wouldn't be happy if it did turn out we wanted him back - I'm still haunted by the disaster that was Brewster's second spell, and in any case it's always more interesting to see the direction a completely new manager is going to take.     

I would be happy with Paul Sheerin tbh, I fo think he is ready to manage a Premiership job.

Not sure about Stuart McCall or Richie though, however, I wouldn't complain if it was either of them.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Paul Telfer because he impressed before John Hughes got the job?

Expect guys like Jimmy Calderwood, John Collins, Csaba Laszlo, George Burley and Billy McKinlay to be linked too.

I would be happy with Paul Sheerin tbh, I fo think he is ready to manage a Premiership job.

Not sure about Stuart McCall or Richie though, however, I wouldn't complain if it was either of them.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Paul Telfer because he impressed before John Hughes got the job?

Expect guys like Jimmy Calderwood, John Collins, Csaba Laszlo, George Burley and Billy McKinlay to be linked too.

Can't see anyone seriously tipping Collins for the job given his barely-veiled criticism of the club last week.

Paul Sheerin is a youth coach who in his last job in senior football got relegated to the bottom division. No thanks.

Made a c**t of it that season but the 3 previous ones he excelled, nearly done a Hartley and won the 3rd and 2nd in consecutive years. Last season things just didn't work out at all, team he built tried to play football far too much and got bullied week in week out.

I don't know how he's done with the Aberdeen youths but I think he could be a successful appointment for ICT. Was never one to annoy fans or anything either he was always very honest with his assessments of things and could spot a player.

Made a c**t of it that season but the 3 previous ones he excelled, nearly done a Hartley and won the 3rd and 2nd in consecutive years. Last season things just didn't work out at all, team he built tried to play football far too much and got bullied week in week out.

I don't know how he's done with the Aberdeen youths but I think he could be a successful appointment for ICT. Was never one to annoy fans or anything either he was always very honest with his assessments of things and could spot a player.

Sensible analysis of a manager who led the best Arbroath team I've ever seen. He had a bit of money to play with when he won the Lichties the league, but no one would have expected him to finish 2nd in the third tier and then narrowly miss out on the play-offs the following season. If he got them promoted that season they could have been where Dumbarton are now!

He'll be picking up plenty of valuable coaching experience at Aberdeen and I expect to see him back in management soon.

I played football a few times against Sheerin last year and he's still got a cannon of a left foot.

We have seemed to take our time in recent appointments, so I would imagine it will be the same this time around. It might also be awkward timing, since the likes of Richie Foran might be on holiday at the moment...

I played football a few times against Sheerin last year and he's still got a cannon of a left foot.

We have seemed to take our time in recent appointments, so I would imagine it will be the same this time around. It might also be awkward timing, since the likes of Richie Foran might be on holiday at the moment...

I'd have thought they'd want someone in ASAP so they can start assembling a squad.

Sounds vaguely familiar...

I'd like Foran to get the job.

At some point he's going to get into management, why not now?  Why not with us?

I understand the inexperienced argument but the board will help and support him as much as they can.

The fans, with the small exception of a few whining asshats, will give him time too.

He knows the current players and has their respect and a rapport with them.

We have guys like Warren, Meekings, Tremarco, Draper already at the club who are big enough to take responsibility for themselves, we'd also be highly likely to sign up some of the players that want to stay at the club and that the fans want to see stay too, such as Raven and Roberts.

With these guys playing I don't think Richie would be struggling with us, we're not in that bad a shape.  If he was taking over and we had narrowly avoided relegation and had lost many of the more experienced guys I'd maybe not be as confident.

On another note, should Richie get the job I'd like to see him tell OFW the contract offer is withdrawn and he can find another club and give Brill a contract instead (and a full pre-season to train).  OFW doesn't want to stay and Dean does - that's all the GK situation between these two boils down to in my opinion.

I'd like to see an older head as Foran's assistant (Malpas as an example) but it's important that he's allowed to choose his own backroom team.

We should also remember that guys like Shearer and Kellacher are already in place to help too.

I'd like Foran to get the job.

At some point he's going to get into management, why not now?  Why not with us?

I understand the inexperienced argument but the board will help and support him as much as they can.

The fans, with the small exception of a few whining asshats, will give him time too.

He knows the current players and has their respect and a rapport with them.

We have guys like Warren, Meekings, Tremarco, Draper already at the club who are big enough to take responsibility for themselves, we'd also be highly likely to sign up some of the players that want to stay at the club and that the fans want to see stay too, such as Raven and Roberts.

With these guys playing I don't think Richie would be struggling with us, we're not in that bad a shape.  If he was taking over and we had narrowly avoided relegation and had lost many of the more experienced guys I'd maybe not be as confident.

On another note, should Richie get the job I'd like to see him tell OFW the contract offer is withdrawn and he can find another club and give Brill a contract instead (and a full pre-season to train).  OFW doesn't want to stay and Dean does - that's all the GK situation between these two boils down to in my opinion.

I think it's fairly well known that OFW is desperate to stay, as he loves highland life. If he signs on for another year, his wages would also be covered by the cash we would be due by his time away with Wales at Euro 2016 (£89,250 at least guaranteed).

I much prefer Brill as a keeper, but there's a risk that his knee will go again and cause another lengthy spell out. 

I think it's fairly well known that OFW is desperate to stay, as he loves highland life. If he signs on for another year, his wages would also be covered by the cash we would be due by his time away with Wales at Euro 2016 (£89,250 at least guaranteed).

I much prefer Brill as a keeper, but there's a risk that his knee will go again and cause another lengthy spell out. 

Desperate to stay?

He's been offered a contract and has so far not signed.

I've also heard nothing from him to say that he wants to stay.

You would think he'd be keen to get his club situation sorted before his Euros involvement.

Just to be clear, I think both keepers have different strengths and weaknesses so I'm too bothered which keeper stays, I just want them to actually want to play for ICT.

Archived