Next ICT Manager - Richie Foran

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going by the comments left on Facebook, everyone is raging about the decision. I can only assume they haven't seen us play this season and/or read the comments he has come out with. If you come out and have digs at your boss in public like he has then it is only going to end one way!

Wanting a like for like change? or in other words a shitehawk manager whos interviews are awkward and incomprehensible, with the rare sentences you hear being filled with moans about the lack of budget and lack of backing from the club/fans?

Well say hello to Steve Lomas, the new ICT manager.

Looking forward to someone putting in a 'hilarious' application for the managers post detailing their Football Manager experience.

Paul Telfer in with a shout maybe because, according to STV News, he impressed before Hughes was appointed and could be interested.

I am for a management team of Paul Sheeerin/Richie Foran though.

A few Saints fans have mentioned Steve Lomas as the situations are very similar: fairly successful manager who increasingly took to the media to moan about lack of funds, thereby undermining the board and seeming to be attempting to turn some fans against them.

It was almost getting excuses in early for any failings, and constantly emphasising in the press how limited a budget the club operates under wore thin. The fans know that, they know they're not supporting Celtic or Rangers, but don't need it rammed down their throats in every single interview.

The unfortunate thing is how the media always cover this. Completely ignoring the financial f**k ups at Gretna, Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee and rangers, it's portrayed as the manager being held back from doing his job and taking the club onto great things. Instead they should be highlighted as running their club properly and not jeopardising its future.

Well done to ICT for getting rid of him.

Sportsound on Thursday was ridiculous. The John Hughes love in was just daft. Almost all of the pundits giving it the careful what you wish for pish.

Not one of them mentioned his transfer record or his square peg/round hole team selections. It wasn't discussed that Hughes has spent weeks deliberately driving a wedge between himself and the club. So he himself wanted out and went a long way to making it happen. No mention of his constant huffs either.

I'm not an ICT fan but I live up here and talk to ICT fans every day about football and in the last month I'd struggle to name one who wanted Hughes to stay. Caley fans aren't a knee jerk lot either but if they have a bad season next year the lazy journalism will be all over it and guys like Preston will be giving it "I told you so" whilst only seeing the team twice a year. What kind of programme seeks opinion on a manager and his position from one of his family members???

As for Alex Smith he's written a piece in the P&J for yonks now and it's always really dreary and heaped full of praise for everyone else in the game.

Archived