Next ICT Manager - Richie Foran

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Latapy away as well?

I thought he'd be a decent shout for manager.

Latapy left ages ago. Possibly last summer actually and Brian Rice came in.

Sorry if this has been asked already but why the f**k is Yogi getting a pay off when it's him that's quitting?

Any pay off he receives will be subject to the T's and C's of his contract.

By publicly slagging his employers off he could very well be in breach of these T's and C's. 

Seems like Hughes realises he's been found out and the ICT board have a similar view. The problem for both is the contract the board gave him and he signed and he's probably not keen to walk away from. Hughes is being quite smart in making the dispute about the playing budget as it deflects away from his performance/signings etc as that's what people who aren't ICT supporters will take away from it and it won't damage his reputation so much. In that respect is doesn't really matter that he's being disruptive but rather what people take away from what he's saying.

Once the dust settles the media narrative once he's gone will be "he won the cup, finished top 6, a drop off was to be expected this season, ICT are a small club punching above their weight, what were the fans expecting, he didn't receive enough backing from the club" No one's actually going to point out his success was with someone else's team and that the board would probably be totally justified in being cautious with their budgets given the players he's brought in and the recent slide in results.

Just listened to the Sportsound podcast from last night...  :lol:

Summary is that Inverness fans don't know how good we've got it with Yogi; he's performed miracles without being able to bring in any players, whilst playing an attractive attacking brand of football. We're going to get relegated once he leaves and if he went to Dundee United instead of Mixu, then they would have survived relegation. 

Conveniently they failed to list the clusterf*ck of signings he made with the largest ever wage budget we've given to a manager (Lopez, Wedderburn, R.Williams, Hughes, Horner, Sho Silva), in addition to his unprofessional comments in the press. 

From speaking to a player's best mate at the start of the season, he was saying that the relationship between Yogi and the players was really fractured and many were looking to get out asap. He has terrible man-management, where players were being dropped without an explanation and being actively ignored when they sought explanations. Latapy was also ditched by Hughes at the first opportunity of Brian Rice being available, which was also an unpopular decision among the players.

Good riddance I say  :ass

Just listened to the Sportsound podcast from last night...  :lol:

Summary is that Inverness fans don't know how good we've got it with Yogi; he's performed miracles without being able to bring in any players, whilst playing an attractive attacking brand of football. We're going to get relegated once he leaves and if he went to Dundee United instead of Mixu, then they would have survived relegation. 

Conveniently they failed to list the clusterf*ck of signings he made with the largest ever wage budget we've given to a manager (Lopez, Wedderburn, R.Williams, Hughes, Horner, Sho Silva), in addition to his unprofessional comments in the press. 

From speaking to a player's best mate at the start of the season, he was saying that the relationship between Yogi and the players was really fractured and many were looking to get out asap. He has terrible man-management, where players were being dropped without an explanation and being actively ignored when they sought explanations. Latapy was also ditched by Hughes at the first opportunity of Brian Rice being available, which was also an unpopular decision among the players.

Good riddance I say  :ass

Was Alan Preston on by any chance?

Seems like Hughes realises he's been found out and the ICT board have a similar view. The problem for both is the contract the board gave him and he signed and he's probably not keen to walk away from. Hughes is being quite smart in making the dispute about the playing budget as it deflects away from his performance/signings etc as that's what people who aren't ICT supporters will take away from it and it won't damage his reputation so much. In that respect is doesn't really matter that he's being disruptive but rather what people take away from what he's saying.

Once the dust settles the media narrative once he's gone will be "he won the cup, finished top 6, a drop off was to be expected this season, ICT are a small club punching above their weight, what were the fans expecting, he didn't receive enough backing from the club" No one's actually going to point out his success was with someone else's team and that the board would probably be totally justified in being cautious with their budgets given the players he's brought in and the recent slide in results.

^ ^ ^ kens the score.

He's another media darling, and now ICT are going to be public enemy number 1 in their eyes.  How fucking dare the chairman stick to his wage and budget structure and not bow down to a known terrible recruiter.

I know one of the lads working for the P+J up there and says the contrast between Hughes and McIntyre is huge. McIntyre always has time for an interview, is polite and courteous, and does his best to be informative. Hughes on the other hand is arsey when pressed on something he cba talking about, rude to the journos, especially the junior ones.

Certainly wouldn't expect them to hold back when/if he gets the chop.

I know one of the lads working for the P+J up there and says the contrast between Hughes and McIntyre is huge. McIntyre always has time for an interview, is polite and courteous, and does his best to be informative. Hughes on the other hand is arsey when pressed on something he cba talking about, rude to the journos, especially the junior ones.

Certainly wouldn't expect them to hold back when/if he gets the chop.

I'm sure it's been mentioned previously but Hughes doesn't like talking to the media as he feels that they twist his words to make him sound daft. Might have been one of the Falkirk fans that mentioned it before.

I'm sure it's been mentioned previously but Hughes doesn't like talking to the media as he feels that they twist his words to make him sound daft. Might have been one of the Falkirk fans that mentioned it before.

I think that's completely fair enough.  From what I hear, he's a thoroughly pleasant chap who doesn't come across very well (to put it mildly) in interviews, and gets a hard time for that.

Hughes absolutely hates the press and media. The Scottish football writers association have written to the club to complain about the way journalists are treated at the club now.

I didn't hear any of the Sportsound show but I don't think anyone is, really, saying that Hughes has been useless or terrible. He's not being sacked or hounded out, it seems like the relationship has broken down. It doesn't surprise me that our media don't take the time to realise why this has happened and they just blunder in with opinions made up on the hoof.

Oh and Alex Smith has a column in the P&J about this, I haven't read it I'm sure it's as balanced as you'd expect.

Confirmed.  Very likely that it'll be Richie Foran as manager.  If it's him then I'd like to see an experienced assistant, Barry Wilson mentioned in the P&J today that Malpas might be keen.

ETA - Those statements are worded very strangely.  They don't actually say "The board announces John Hughes has left"

Archived