Tully sacked!

I think it might have been something to the tune of £50,000.

Yeah we signed it over to Mackin and he gave £50,000 a few season ago or it was looking bleak for us. So any sale goes to him, but everything he's tried has been blocked by the council so far.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah we signed it over to Mackin and he gave £50,000 a few season ago or it was looking bleak for us. So any sale goes to him, but everything he's tried has been blocked by the council so far.

Cheers- sorry to drone on but is this money spent or has it been banked in trust

So I'm assuming the old ground is still an option, can the club Mackin and maybe your council not look into rebuilding the ground through various grants ect. At the moment it seems the owner as you say is sitting with a dead ground unable to sell for whatever reason.

So I'm assuming the old ground is still an option, can the club Mackin and maybe your council not look into rebuilding the ground through various grants ect. At the moment it seems the owner as you say is sitting with a dead ground unable to sell for whatever reason.

If rumours are to be believed Alan Mackin is very ill at this moment.

Nah, it's all down though the Firs Street turnstyle booth is still standing though it is all open for punters to walk in. I made that mistake at night and stood in Dog shite haha!!

Would be amazing if the Shire could somehow end up back at Firs Park, surely a wee one stand effort plus an artificial surface would be a good start for the shire? Falkirk has a lack of Astro parks so surely there would be grants available??

We've tried to get a grant from Falkirk Council as they built a stadium for Falkirk and helped Stenny out when they needed to repair their park, yet cant put their hands in their pocket to even help the Shire out one small bit!

We have planning permisson to build at Little Kerse and have done for years, we just need the funds to kickstart the process.

Nah, it's all down though the Firs Street turnstyle booth is still standing though it is all open for punters to walk in. I made that mistake at night and stood in Dog shite haha!!

Would be amazing if the Shire could somehow end up back at Firs Park, surely a wee one stand effort plus an artificial surface would be a good start for the shire? Falkirk has a lack of Astro parks so surely there would be grants available??

would be an amazing turnaround. Mond you if an Edinburgh City side that seemed to be as dead as New Brighton / Third Lanark can re-emerge as a league side after a sixty year absence and over a decade in abeyance then anything's possible. It pretty much looks like Mackin won't be able to do anything with that land.

Let's face it a stadium was once there, so obviously you already have the grounds large enough for a 4G and I'm assuming changing facilities and a 2.000 seat stand. So it's definitely a good option, some lower league clubs in England have the same and it works brilliantly within Communities. Build it and they will come.😀

Let's face it a stadium was once there, so obviously you already have the grounds large enough for a 4G and I'm assuming changing facilities and a 2.000 seat stand. So it's definitely a good option, some lower league clubs in England have the same and it works brilliantly within Communities. Build it and they will come.😀

Not so sure. Parking and accessibility and what not is lacking there and that seems to be pretty important nowadays. Not sure they'd put money into something that's so shut off in a built up area.

They were looking to reroute buses from Falkirk town centre to accomodate the new stadium if it goes ahead, but for most fans travelling by train it would be a fair stomp away.

I dont know the ins and outs of what's happened regarding the development of Firs but I've been told the council weren't happy with the way Mackin went about trying to get the contract and that's why they've allowed nothing to go ahead.

We'd all love to return to Firs Park but to be honest I feel that it would be too expensive to get it up to SPFL standards, that is, if we consider ourselves serious contenders to return to League 2.

I seen that in the paper and was not pleased! We have a local club that's ran for 136 years now homeless and a few years from extinction and they choose to spend their money on the orange walks! Horrendous decision

Confirmed as Sludden and Mooney.

Shire fans, you have my sympathy.

Archived