French Open Tennis 2016

lichtie23

Nadal's draw if all goes according to seeding would be Groth, Fognini, Thiem, Goffin, Tonsga, Djokovic, Murray, which is very tough. Funnily enough the draw that he would have had if Federer was still in and he was 5th seed, looks a whole lot easier.

Murray's is alright; an absolute snooze for the first 4 rounds, tougher later section. I'd agree that Nishikori-Kyrgios is an important match - I think he'd far rather face Kyrgios, who has no idea how to play against someone with all the variety that Andy has in his game.

Always easy in retrospect but 1st round was an uncomfortable snooze, in fact more of a nightmare at various stages. Hopefully next few rounds less taxing.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stepanek in the first round of a slam instead of a local jobber with a wildcard was always going to be tricky.  

And women's tennis on clay is disgusting to watch.

Did anyone else feel disgusted watching Stepanek gobbing every 2 minutes. I can't recall ever seeing anyone else do that.

Yeah I did, thought it was pretty strange considering its on clay not grass so would just be sitting all over the court. It wasn't even at the side, just all over the actual court.

Andy up against some Frenchman iv never heard of today. Hopefully he comes through this with ease unlike yesterday

He should do.  It's a local jobber so he should be fine.

Heather Watson heading out, a set and and a break down to Kuznetsova.

Always easy in retrospect but 1st round was an uncomfortable snooze, in fact more of a nightmare at various stages. Hopefully next few rounds less taxing.

Cheers for quoting that! Safe to say I didn't expect that performance from Murray in the first couple of sets, although Stepanek was probably a tougher matchup than I initially gave him credit for.

Should be much easier today. Should.

Archived