French Open Tennis 2016

lichtie23

The main tournament at Roland Garros doesn't start until Sunday but the qualifying is live on Eurosport and Eurosport 2 this week.

Andy Murray is coming off a great win in Rome when beating World number 1 Novak Djokovic in straight sets.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murray at 5s on Bet365, worth a few bob.

Bet365 have him at 4/1 now.  You can get 6/1 at Boyle Sports and 9/2 with 888.  If you have never bet with 888 you get treble the odds on your first bet (max bet a tenner), so you can get him at 27/2.

Dan Evans resurgence has continued and he makes the main draw by being inside the top 100.  Four men will definitely be in the draw Murray, Bedene, Edmund and Evans.  Although Edmund retired yesterday from a match.

Being second seed is massive for Andy, as it means he cannot meet Novak until the final, and there's the chance both Nadal and Federer will be in the Serb's half.  

His resurgence on the red stuff fills me with confidence that he could also swat aside the big hitters like Wawrinka, Berdych and the likes also of Raonic.  And his second serve is finally getting faster and more accurate.

Might stick a tenner on him.

Bet365 have him at 4/1 now.  You can get 6/1 at Boyle Sports and 9/2 with 888.  If you have never bet with 888 you get treble the odds on your first bet (max bet a tenner), so you can get him at 27/2.

Dan Evans resurgence has continued and he makes the main draw by being inside the top 100.  Four men will definitely be in the draw Murray, Bedene, Edmund and Evans.  Although Edmund retired yesterday from a match.

Did Dan Evans make it in on time? I thought the entry list was issued in April. Good news if he is in the main draw! Playing very well at the moment.

I'm not sure. I just assumed as he wasn't in qualifying he made the main draw. Can't check up on my phone so will check later when I'm home

I'm not sure. I just assumed as he wasn't in qualifying he made the main draw. Can't check up on my phone so will check later when I'm home

Evans isn't in the qualifying or main draw

Nadal's draw if all goes according to seeding would be Groth, Fognini, Thiem, Goffin, Tonsga, Djokovic, Murray, which is very tough. Funnily enough the draw that he would have had if Federer was still in and he was 5th seed, looks a whole lot easier.

Murray's is alright; an absolute snooze for the first 4 rounds, tougher later section. I'd agree that Nishikori-Kyrgios is an important match - I think he'd far rather face Kyrgios, who has no idea how to play against someone with all the variety that Andy has in his game.

I didn't realise Johanna Konta was seeded in the woman's draw. Very positive to see.

Yep, her run to the semis in Melbourne fired her miles up the rankings.

Yep, her run to the semis in Melbourne fired her miles up the rankings.

That's fantastic. Haven't been really paying attention to the woman's game lately. How has her clay court season been?

That's fantastic. Haven't been really paying attention to the woman's game lately. How has her clay court season been?

She's not setting the heather on fire so far.

Archived