Elgin City thread

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone who was there give a brief summary please?

Started really well and got their goal though Gunn,, then Brechin dominated the play and you could see their goal coming, Gunn then scored from the spot after Mcleish got brought down ht 2:1
Second half was fairly comfortable, Brechin losing their discipline with a few booking went 4:1 up and cruising conceded a pen for 4:2

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Gunn still doing the business, some boy

I find him frustrating and think he's at times overrated by opposition fans on here. But his ability to consistently score a decent total no matter how shite we are has been impressive and his commitment is absolutely fantastic.

Think it will be different City team starting when League business begins. Obviously used Stirling game to give some fringe players a game so wouldn't look too much into result. That said it does show our age old vulnerability in defence. I would still like to see another CB signed but obviously McHardy coming back will make a difference although not convinced he is the answer to all our problems. I have heard there is a loan goalie in the pipeline so hopefully he also will make a difference. It is a team game though and while we have quality in abundance going forward we need to get the balance right and midfield/ forward players need to remember their defensive duties, even if that just means holding the ball up a bit longer. Still quietly confident we will have a good season. At least we will play some decent football which is unlikely to be said about some others.

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2016 at 18:51, Derry boy said:

Hows doddsy settling in now?

I think he looks quite good. Weir still doesn't have a first choice 11 and we're very inconsistent so would like to see him starting a wee bit more.

An article in the Northern Scot here saying Crawford isn't very keen on the travelling which isn't overly surprising. Others are apparently being lined up though.

http://www.northern-scot.co.uk/Sport/Football/VIDEO-Elgin-on-keeper-hunt-29092016.htm

Can anyone tell me the full squad for Elgin and their positions in the team? Not sure if some have left or more have been added.

Goalkeeper - Errol Watson
Goalkeeper - Marc Waters        
Defence - Darryl McHardy
Defence - Matthew Cooper
Defence - Jamie Duff 
Midfield/Defence - Mark Nicolson
Midfield - Archie MacPhee 
Midfield - Brian Cameron
Midfield - Daniel Moore
Midfield - Scott Smith
Midfield - Robbie Bruce
Midfield - Christopher Dodd
Midfield - Keiran Stewart
Forward - Craig Gunn                              

Forward - Kyle MacLeod
Forward - Thomas Reilly
Forward - Shane Sutherland 
Forward - Christopher McLeish 
Forward - Jamie Reid

Forward - Benjamin Cullen

Didn't realise Marc Waters had ended up there; a good improvement on the bombscare that played against us. 

Out of that list, Archie McPhee has been playing left-back for ages so would probably more count as a defender even if he's played further forward previously. Thomas Reilly is also mainly a central midfielder; and one of best in the league at that. Jamie Reid more of an attacking midfielder/wide player than an out and out forward as well.

Archived