Elgin City thread

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have released Craig Gunn. I feel a bit gutted, he's a bit of the talisman for our resurgence from being league bottom feeders to actually giving it a go.

Someone is going to benefit from a newly motivated centre forward and I sincerely hope it isn't in league 2.

Would take Daniel Moore from you lot where is he based?

Inverness. Piss off!

Just realised he has left us as well. I think football is pretty much a hobby for him so don't see him heading off to the east coast.

Gunny has, during the darker times of recent seasons, almost single-handedly maintained the credibility of our club. Easily our best player since we joined the league and a fans' favourite who will be sorely missed. Good luck, Gunny!

Actually gutted that Gunn won't be playing at Elgin anymore. He's the proverbial pain in the arse to fans of other clubs, but a player we all secretly admire and wished we'd had.

I met him for an interview in 2012 and he really was a top top bloke, suspect he'll be playing in the Highland League next season (Wick Academy???) but hopefully he got a good send off from Elgin, he truly is a club legend I'm sure.

Sorry to see him go but think it is time for him to find pastures new. Will always be an Elgin legend. Same with Daniel has been a good servant but think it is time for him to go too. Should free up a couple of decent wages but difficult players to replace.

The end of the old team at Elgin - similar to when we lost Allan Dempsie, Paul Kaczan and David Niven in a short space of time.

It'll be interesting to see who we bring in to replace Twiggy.

Archived