Elgin City thread

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the North of Scotland Cup final at Clach a few years ago, he was winding up the Brora fans at every opportunity. He's a proud Wicker and surely wouldn't sign for Brora. Love Gunny, but he just hasn't been the same these last two seasons. My money is on Wick or Buckie to sign him.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Planning on watching the Aberdeen game in the Granary on Saturday, is it any good for Football? 

aye theres plenty tvs at the table sides or at the bar and theres the big screen upstairs dont know if they'll all be playing the same game though

• 2 weeks later...

As the season draws to a disappointing end I was wondering what thoughts Elgin fans have on next season. What players should we try to keep? Will the manager still be there? My own thoughts are it's a bit like the end of an era with a number of players possibly moving on. Can see Gunn, Moore,  possibly McPhee and Reilly moving on. Could be in for a couple of years rebuilding. I wonder if the manager will stick it out. He looks a bit disillusioned and at a loss on how to put things right at the moment.

I wonder if the manager will stick it out. He looks a bit disillusioned and at a loss on how to put things right at the moment.

I don't proclaim to know the inner mind of Jim Weir, but the fact that he spent so long out of the game and struggled to find a way back in, would suggest to me that'll ride it out for a little longer. There were serious rumours that he applied for our vacancy earlier in the season so maybe he does have 1 eye on a job in the central belt, but I doubt he'll walk from Elgin any time soon.

Really can't sum up the disappointment in words. After the win over Clyde in February everything was looking great. Now I'm doing my best not to think about the whole thing. The only positive is Shane and Soapy being here for another two years.

Like every other City fan, I'm gobsmacked at our collapse in the final quarter of the season. I told a colleague about the end of Feb that we'd be at the top of the league within the month. We were that good,  within touching distance and games in hand (if only they hadn't been postponed), Then Shane's injury.

I am quite happy with the squad we've got in general. I don't understand why, with Shane injured, we never recalled Cullen from Rothes. He scored 3 in 5 games for a struggling team before he was posted away temporarily by the RAF.

I agree about Gunny's time is up and hopefully he'll get a run out on Sat to say bye in case it is his last game.

I'd like Jim to stay (even if I don't particularly like some of the things he says and does he's still largely done a good job) but if he were to go, my drunken and nostalgic self would like to see Pele return to his boyhood club for a second chance. Just keep him out the Garmouth hotel!

Jim and Gavin deserve another chance, even if the end of this season was nothing short of an embarrassment. Even with our shocking form we had a hugely positive goal difference and two players nominated for player of the year.

Hopefully we can build on our weak points and retain our strong players for a positive campaign next year. A title challenge would be nice!

Archived