Elgin City thread

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From another thread our only signed players are Cameron, Nicholson and McHardy.

One of the papers has Jamie Reid - Arbroath signing and offers made to other squad members.

Rumour also doing rounds that Cameron is interesting a full time team.

I'd be totally surprised if Soapy went anywhere. Local lad . Joiner 500 quid a week and at a guess another 200 a week for playing fitba. Girfriend just had another bairn on New Years Day. He's nae moving anywhere! Full time he's not getting enough in Scotland to justify upping his family anywhere. Great player. Bide at Elgin loon!

Fair points but the chance to play full time football for a few years get your foot in the door you never know.

That's the chance they take, isn't it? Elgin's a bit of a dead area for football so you can either go to Inverness, County or Aberdeen without being too far out of the comfort zone. I wouldn't fancy upping sticks to say, Dumfries for the sake of a crack at full time football for a wee while - it could all go tits up quickly. Cameron is a good player that would compliment most teams but I can understand why he's want to stay where he is.

I've heard a rumour that Dylan Easton is off to Crewe Alexandra. Not sure how solid the rumour is though or where it's came from via a mate of mine.

I also heard he's going down south, not sure what team though.

Archived