• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of keepers that grumpy old sod of a troon groundsman gus was up to his antics last night.

At half time I went round behind the town end top goals on my way for a hotdog and at the corner of the ground he seemed to be coming out of a wee groundsmands hut.

He bawled at the troon sub goalie for being in the goalmouth while saving shots from the outfield subs and the goalie was so nice and a bit scared with his shout back of " im catching ï¸only and not diving " . Gus then marched behind the goals with a raging face and acted as ball boy for stray shots over the bar and the scorn on his face was unreal .

I know the guy keeps a good pitch but what a miserable and grumpy guy and the sub goalie should have gave him a mouthful back for me as the way he spoke to him was terrible.

Gus's bark is a lot worse than his bite, he's a good old guy.

Believe it or not, that was his way of having a laugh with the boys, that's why Marty shrugged it off!

All about opinions mate, and Leishman is a cracking big keeper.

But I've always thought Ally to be the best in the Juniors, and I said that way before he ever signed for us! Was cracking at Glenafton & Cumnock, and a top lad as well.

having seen both Semple and leishman on many occasions Id say leishman gets my vote top class keeper and a top bloke aswell couldn't meet a nicer fella

Archived