Stranraer FC 2016/17

Seems a bit silly but the rules are the rules. Surely all under 20's should be properly covered by the correct paperwork to enable them to be used in the first team squad as an when they're needed. Maybe an oversight and hopefully a one off.

... and an opportunity for the SFA to make a***s of themselves

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Christian Nadè losing two weeks wages out of it

The same money would just about cover Paul Cairneys dietary requirements for the week so, not really spending any more than last season.  

that will be nade's [emoji507][emoji507][emoji507][emoji488][emoji488][emoji489][emoji489][emoji487][emoji487]bill for the week how mr reid can possibly play him at least 2 stone over weight if not more another one o these wonderful signings that keepin youngs ones from 1st team football [emoji464][emoji464][emoji464]

that will be nade's [emoji507][emoji507][emoji507][emoji488][emoji488][emoji489][emoji489][emoji487][emoji487]bill for the week how mr reid can possibly play him at least 2 stone over weight if not more another one o these wonderful signings that keepin youngs ones from 1st team football [emoji464][emoji464][emoji464]

A lot of Nade's extra weight is muscle, he just looks massive but isn't in bad shape. Well he certainly wasn't when he was with ourselves.

I must admit though watching him against Rangers he looked well off the pace and certainly does look a little bit bigger than he was last season. You could tell after a couple of minutes he didn't fancy it and was looking to get subbed off. Something I felt he done with us away at Morton last season.

He really benefitted from Aitken's fitness regime and once he got going he was absolutely flying, inbetween a couple of injuries of course. Get him sharper and he will absolutely skoosh League 2, that is easier said than done however.

21 hours ago, Phil1870 said:

Seems a bit silly but the rules are the rules. Surely all under 20's should be properly covered by the correct paperwork to enable them to be used in the first team squad as an when they're needed. Maybe an oversight and hopefully a one off.

I don't think it's ever been said anywhere either by the SFA in their vague statement or any of the press coverage, which presumably keyed off the SFA statement. Why was he ineligible? Was he not registered or was he suspended or what? He would need to be registered to Stranraer to play for the 20's if he's a 20's player and if that's the case he's equally eligible to play in the Betfred Cup. I can only presume he wasn't actually signed at all yet since the 20's league hasn't started yet?

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't think it's ever been said anywhere either by the SFA in their vague statement or any of the press coverage, which presumably keyed off the SFA statement. Why was he ineligible? Was he not registered or was he suspended or what? He would need to be registered to Stranraer to play for the 20's if he's a 20's player and if that's the case he's equally eligible to play in the Betfred Cup. I can only presume he wasn't actually signed at all yet since the 20's league hasn't started yet?

Signed as an amateur I think.  

1 hour ago, Mattmc said:

Signed as an armature I think.  

But there's nothing wrong with that. If he's properly registered as an amateur he'd be perfectly able to play for the first team in the Betfred Cup. Josh Todd is infamously signed as an amateur for Dumbarton at the moment and he's played every game for them.

If he wasn't suspended then he must not have been registered at all.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

But there's nothing wrong with that. If he's properly registered as an amateur he'd be perfectly able to play for the first team in the Betfred Cup. Josh Todd is infamously signed as an amateur for Dumbarton at the moment and he's played every game for them.

If he wasn't suspended then he must not have been registered at all.

Seems he wasn't properly registered. Apparently a club statement says he was signed amateur but, was no uploaded to the SFA system. Looks like an error on the club part and they've been rightly punished.

Can't find the statement anywhere right enough.

8 hours ago, 67blue said:

that will be nade's emoji507.pngemoji507.pngemoji507.pngemoji488.pngemoji488.pngemoji489.pngemoji489.pngemoji487.pngemoji487.pngbill for the week how mr reid can possibly play him at least 2 stone over weight if not more another one o these wonderful signings that keepin youngs ones from 1st team football emoji464.pngemoji464.pngemoji464.png

Aye, poor Calvin Kemp and Kyle Turner getting nowhere near the team...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived