Stranraer FC 2016/17

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, monthe blues said:

We freed 7 players plus an assistant manager ,Brought in 5,  quality over quantity, (I hope)

that is how we are financing this.

Looks like we have signed Mark Dempster from Kilmarnock

Some diabolically tragic patter floating around here in regards to Stranraers finances. The club almost folded in the not so distant past, the men who were involved in turning round the clubs fortunes and buying us some time with creditors are still the men in charge of running the finances. The club have made great strides in increasing revenues in recent years, a massive amount of work is done to bring in what sponsorship they can from local businesses and that has been seen in the main stand being renamed and sponsored by a local company and also the same company a sponsor on the back of team shirts. Nothing different to any other club in doing so.

200-250 a week :lol:

We were giving Si Murray, straight out of the juniors, never played senior, 250 a week plus bonuses.

I don't think Nade with the career he has had will have been happy to sign for that for some reason..

On the whole, disappointing. It could be argued that he didn't get much of a chance in the 1st team. He came on as a sub against Dunfermline when we were already trailing 5-1, then started the next game against Forfar but was subbed after 50 minutes with the scores level.

Played a few bounce games during that time, and ended up in our U20s, scoring once. Was released, and signed with East Kilbride FC after impressing on trial. Scored once in a comfortable 5-2 home win over Vale of Leithen on 9 April.

I was there for both his goals, oddly enough. Good luck to him.

13 hours ago, glesgadiamond said:

Great insight, thanks! 

Be reasonable – I can't laugh and type at the same time, and I've only just stopped laughing :)

To be honest, I thought he was probably the worst of Brian Reid's signings last year.  Very fast, but that was about it – didn't seem to have any ability to take players on.  Looked out of his depth at this level, and pleased when he moved on.  Lowland League seemed about the right level for him, but clearly your manager thinks he has seen something that we didn't see at Stranraer last year.   Hope he works out for you – other than in games against us.

18 hours ago, glesgadiamond said:

What was the script with the boy Kevin Schmidt that played for Stranraer last season? Did he not get a chance? Signed for us tonight. Us being Airdrie

He's good because he's foreign.

Archived