David and Goliath

mrnoitall

Another good win for KSC last night!! Scoring goals for fun now, must of changed the goal bonus or the wages have been upped

I don't think its down to money changing hands etc as far is i've been told by a few of there players the "pot is empty" so to speak. (In other words Drummond has had enough and pulled his cash) 

It may be more down to the change in management. Spoke with a few boys a couple weeks ago after the tiber game and the impression i got from them it was that the ex manager was the problem, which based on recent results would probably be about right looking from the outside. Good luck to the new guys who come in, never nice to see any team struggling for players.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excuse or not is the truth , I cannot make players turn up , and it has been an issue since Myself and Stuart took the team we have been using trialists since day one , more than every other team il guarantee you that.

The shortlees game I was out of the country , we had suspensions and injuries.

Out of 25 signed players to a previous manager only 7/8 turn up that is the problem I've faced and haven't been able to sign anyone due to restrictions.

Think we have done well to get to end of season .

So do said players not like new management or chucked it as no wages?

Said players didn't bother turning up long before myself and Stuart had team. The weekend previous manager left we had scraped 11 players to play beith with no manager.

Problems at the club started well before the change in management, poor training numbers of which I was a part of that, squad not 100% together, poor turnout at games.

What we have done is keep us competitive until end of the season. Plenty of people have had their say on us and what we are doing and it's a great joke to people.

But myself and Stuart and a small group of players know exactly how hard we have worked to keep it together. And a part of me is proud of that , lesser people would have chucked it.

As for wages I signed a deal with a bonus for Europe so hopefully we can finish third !

We will lose some , we will keep some , but I have a plan in my head of what I would like to be and I can say that it will not be of the same make up as last year.

My plan includes more than just an amateur team and I have already put some things in place.

Believe we need to build a club and an identity. And il ask people to judge for themselves the type of club.

I only need to look at close friends dirrans for inspiration , celebrating 70years this year.

All things start as an idea.

We will lose some , we will keep some , but I have a plan in my head of what I would like to be and I can say that it will not be of the same make up as last year.

My plan includes more than just an amateur team and I have already put some things in place.

Believe we need to build a club and an identity. And il ask people to judge for themselves the type of club.

I only need to look at close friends dirrans for inspiration , celebrating 70years this year.

Well said and all the best to you

I was just about to mention that. That's the difference they are a team. You watch them and there is not one player that is in it for themselves but that's a credit to the club/committee. I would love to see you do that with ksc, right now they have lost the respect of the aafa teams but I hope you can gain that back.

Dirrans are a great showcase club for what amateur football should be.

As I said it's only an idea I have and it needs everyone's backing from players to coaches etc.

I've always been a person who believes any level of football outside the pro game should be about fun and enjoyment and that's what I aim to provide.

the spirit myself and Stuart managed to create in the few games we had was built on no one being valued more than the other , everyone working for each other and we got that.

Will be a tough summer ahead but one I'm well prepared for.

And hopefully this time next year the comments of previous months will not be relevant .

Dirrans are a great showcase club for what amateur football should be.

As I said it's only an idea I have and it needs everyone's backing from players to coaches etc.

I've always been a person who believes any level of football outside the pro game should be about fun and enjoyment and that's what I aim to provide.

the spirit myself and Stuart managed to create in the few games we had was built on no one being valued more than the other , everyone working for each other and we got that.

Will be a tough summer ahead but one I'm well prepared for.

And hopefully this time next year the comments of previous months will not be relevant .

All the very best to you mate and I hope it all goes well for you guys. look forward too our games next season ðŸ‘

Is the same management team going to be in place next season? Someone said in an earlier post a junior manager was stepping in ! Surely that wouldn't be fair on you and Stuart who took it on when the s**t hit the fan

From my knowledge our application for next season is in with my name down as manager. As said previously I will have a chat with with the necessary people in next few weeks and see what the plans are.

I know what I want to do but might not be for everyone . It's what is best for team that's important.

Myself and Stuart just wanted to get us to summer and we did that and got a decent run of results.

Time will tell

One game to go v shortlees. Not really going to speak about my squad on this tbh , boys deserve more respect and dignity than that.

As for money anything the club receives or pays out will be for parks, refs and running of club.

I want a self funding team , having its own fundraisers, sponsors like all others.

One game to go v shortlees. Not really going to speak about my squad on this tbh , boys deserve more respect and dignity than that.

As for money anything the club receives or pays out will be for parks, refs and running of club.

I want a self funding team , having its own fundraisers, sponsors like all others.

Glad you confirmed it ain't currently self funding buddy 😂😂😂

Well before Drummond left anyway.

LOL

Just want to clear something up here, people for some reason seem to think mr.drummond or Russell for me has chucked it ??

Russell has continued his support for the club and I would like to personally thank him for paying parks,refs,fines, strip cleaning. Without that we wouldn't have a team.

All this crap about the money man leaving is nonsense. He has supported myself and Stuart when he could quite happily have walked away.

Some people need to check the facts.

Just want to clear something up here, people for some reason seem to think mr.drummond or Russell for me has chucked it ??

Russell has continued his support for the club and I would like to personally thank him for paying parks,refs,fines, strip cleaning. Without that we wouldn't have a team.

All this crap about the money man leaving is nonsense. He has supported myself and Stuart when he could quite happily have walked away.

Some people need to check the facts.

And without his money you wouldn't have/ had mullen,Kennedy,Mitchell,Hanvey, hannah,yourself, neilly,connell,rocks and Lee. All junior players who dropped to play for hee haw?! Go and pull the other one fraser.

And without his money you wouldn't have/ had mullen,Kennedy,Mitchell,Hanvey, hannah,yourself, neilly,connell,rocks and Lee. All junior players who dropped to play for hee haw?! Go and pull the other one fraser.

What's that got to do with keeping the club going??? People have a short memory as I'm led to believe the ex manager went Mr Drummond for the help or they would be no KSC wolves.just what I heard.

Guy getting slated but kept the club going

Get over it it's getting boring now.sour grapes me thinks

Archived