Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I think Hylton is dugshite

Soon as I saw him start wandering towards the penalty spot with the ball against St Mirren, I practically stood up and started making my way home because I knew we were out the cup. Never a chance he was scoring it. 

17 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Hylton out, Cole in seems like a fair trade.

Cole's a bit more versatile than Hylton in so much as he can play wide or centrally. So that's good.

I can't be the only one thinking it but that makes Jordan White our 5th pick centre forward now.

A move back towards a front 3 then? 

I was never Cole’s biggest fan but he does offer us a physical presence, as well as still having the mobility that could make the front 3 more viable again. It’s never really looked right since he and particularly Scott departed in January. 

Otherwise unless we’re gonna start chucking bodies out before Monday night, then we’ll be left with a lot of ‘forwards’ vying for only 2 positions. 

35 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

A move back towards a front 3 then? 

I was never Cole’s biggest fan but he does offer us a physical presence, as well as still having the mobility that could make the front 3 more viable again. It’s never really looked right since he and particularly Scott departed in January. 

Otherwise unless we’re gonna start chucking bodies out before Monday night, then we’ll be left with a lot of ‘forwards’ vying for only 2 positions. 

Assuming #YoungMotherwell are loaned out I think it fits a 433 once everyone is fit although the 352 really only leaves Hastie and Seedorf redundant in a starting position. The squad definitely looks built for a 433 in terms of balance though, in comparison the 352 looks a clunky mess.

Fwiw, having seen Craigan use him there a few times with the u20s I think someone could get a tune out of Hastie as a striker rather than a winger but he's not our player and we have plenty additional bodies ahead of him so spending our time doing that seems very much a case of "not our problem".

The 9 subs mean Hastie and Seedorf fit on the bench as options in a 352 - equally it leaves stretched with CBs as we'd be playing 3 of 5 (making the massive assumption that Charlie Dunne kicks a ball for us again).

1958128431_ScreenShot2020-10-03at11_25_12.png.cf09b3451dfe5ab8b555d47c9225df51.png

1975114145_ScreenShot2020-10-03at11_35_52.png.a1efd3c564d4c43db7c1e166a5409a27.png

Edited by capt_oats

Burnley have asked about a £500,000 loan deal for 25-year-old Scotland striker Lawrence Shankland with Dundee United needing funds to keep the club afloat, while the English Premier League club are also interested Tannadice forward Logan Chalmers.

A loan deal to the Premier League? Newcastle are sorting the paperwork for their move for Campbell as we speak. 

Its Happening GIF by swerk

16 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

At least they're playing him, it would be sadder to see him sitting on the bench every week. (Or "Doing a Hastie" is it's now known - just a shame it's our bench.)

Apart from quality corner kicks he was rather ineffective truth be told. Quite sure Polworth would have done better 😉

I remember the halcyon days where we signed 3 or 4 players on deadline day. 

We did most of our business early this season. 

I suspect we would like to move a couple on and possibly even those who only signed in the summer. Now that Cole is here is Jordan White going to get a game anytime soon ?

I doubt Campbell will leave but you never know. Maybe a cheeky wee bid later in the day to test our resolve. 

I would like to see us sign a winger who is better than we currently have. Not difficult ! Maybe another midfielder but that will only happen I guess if anyone moves on.

I expect a quiet day all in all. 

Edited by welldaft

10 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I'd expect we'll sign a backup keeper. No idea who though.

We also usually pull a loan signing from no where. I'd say we still need one more defender but I'd be surprised unless anyone moves on.

Congrats on signing Jack Hamilton.  Should do well for you.