Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 hours ago, MP_MFC said:
9 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
I totally forgot about Aberdeen trying to sign Moult for buttons, him scoring 4 against them and going in January for more than they offered emoji38.png

Aberdeen thinking and acting like they're a big club is one of my favourite reasons for seeing them constantly fail to reach their expectations and enhance all glee when we dish out our routine skelping to them.

If schadenfreude is your thing then this 13 min podcast during/after the last 3-0 is firmly in your wheelhouse.

My favourite part is the indignation when he's suggesting that it's an "indictment" on Lewis Ferguson that he was completely dominated by Allan Campbell.

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Hylton has joined County. Never saw that coming.

Didn't see him joining County but he's been on the periphery of things pretty much all season so it's hardly a shock.

We've also been needing to trim the wingers a bit.

On 29/09/2020 at 09:32, Luke92 said:

As has been alluded to it wouldn't surprise me if we moved White or Hylton out on loan especially given the change of system.

Permanent is even better.

#WELCOMEBACKDEVANTE (please)

Not sure how I feel about that. Looked neat and tidy without ever being particularly effective last season, which I guess isn't exactly a rave review for a winger but I still quite liked him. Suppose there's an argument to be made that if it still hasn't clicked for him after 40 odd appearances it makes sense just to cut our losses and move him on but wouldn't have been averse to him getting a bit more of a chance this season.

I quite liked him and think he's better than Hastie and Seedorf (I know, damned by faint praise). I'd liked to have kept him as he offers something different and has tended to have a better delivery than Seedorf. Not getting a game though but this is one case where I really believe he'll come back to haunt us.

11 hours ago, MP_MFC said:
15 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
I totally forgot about Aberdeen trying to sign Moult for buttons, him scoring 4 against them and going in January for more than they offered emoji38.png

Aberdeen thinking and acting like they're a big club is one of my favourite reasons for seeing them constantly fail to reach their expectations and enhance all glee when we dish out our routine skelping to them.

Watch out m9 you'll have some of their loon ball fans on here clogging up the thread to insist they are a HUGE club and you care deeply about them #JustDonsThings

6 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I quite liked him and think he's better than Hastie and Seedorf (I know, damned by faint praise). I'd liked to have kept him as he offers something different and has tended to have a better delivery than Seedorf. Not getting a game though but this is one case where I really believe he'll come back to haunt us.

Agree with this. I’d have let go shot Hastie and others before Hylton. Almost disappointed he’s away. 

16 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Jermaine Hylton. What can we expect?

As with all our wingers he's a varying degree of pish. However, I thought he did have a good start last season and has a bit of skill, so you never know, you may be able to coax something out of him. In saying that he has contributed nothing for a while now and towards the end of last season some of performances had me full on heads gone.  

22 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Jermaine Hylton. What can we expect?

I liked him. 

Pacey and skilful, he ripped teams to shreds during the league cup group stage last season. Then the real stuff started and he looked a bit out his depth tbh. 

However once he got use to the physical side of the game, he came back into the team and showed some good form towards the end of the year. Seemed to be a spell round about November/December where he was setting up goals every week. 

Like the rest of the team though, his form tailed off badly in 2020 and culminated in the decisive penalty miss against St Mirren as they put us out the cup. By that stage, he looked bereft of confidence again. 

He’s hardly been seen this season, so I can’t say I’m overly surprised at his departure. He was clearly no longer in Robinson’s plans and it frees up a decent wage for us.

Good luck to him.

Edited by Casagolda

Yep, like all wingers he had good days and (probably more frequent) not so good days, and that's why he's playing for the likes of Motherwell and Ross County. Slightly disappointed to see him go, but not surprised, and I think most of us would wish him well.

Edited by Gallus Numpty