Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Ye say that but when SOD leaves before the window shuts and grimmy goes to RB/RWB what then? 
I've a feeling SOD might end up staying longer than expected. His performances for us have been average at best and I don't see any clubs coming in for him who would be considered to be a level above us.

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
10 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:
Ye say that but when SOD leaves before the window shuts and grimmy goes to RB/RWB what then? 

I've a feeling SOD might end up staying longer than expected. His performances for us have been average at best and I don't see any clubs coming in for him who would be considered to be a level above us.

Agree he's been bang average. Heard he has Eng Champ clubs chasing him as well as Italian clubs. This was afore he signed short term with us. He's also on pennies with us us as it was to keep him ticking over. A mate knows him and he's already knocked back a contract from us apparently. 

Agree he's been bang average. Heard he has Eng Champ clubs chasing him as well as Italian clubs. This was afore he signed short term with us. He's also on pennies with us us as it was to keep him ticking over. A mate knows him and he's already knocked back a contract from us apparently. 
Aye he's from the Wishaw / Motherwell area and I think he's not long had a kid. Given that I thought another year or 2 with us (where he'd obviously be closer to home) might have suited him.

Fair enough if he's looking further afield as he'll undoubtedly get more money if he moves outwith Scotland. I suppose a decent calibre of club may still come in for him since he has international caps and a decent reputation. Based on how he's played this season though, we look to be about his level.

Just now, 0Neils40yarder said:

Jules is miles worse than Lamie, miles worse

I'm still not sure how Zak Jules done some of the things. How did we go from getting a goal kick to conceding in seconds?!

And anyone who wants to say O'Brien was passable needs to remember this shit show:

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I thought it was made quite clear he was only signing for you lot until the English lower leagues started again tbh. 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I thought it was made quite clear he was only signing for you lot until the English lower leagues started again tbh. 

Aye, until the rest of the world started again basically

4 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

O'Donnell seems like a classic case of a guy doing well at one of the league's smaller sides but struggling to handle the pressure and increased expectations after getting a move to a big club. Hopefully he adjusts soon.

Aye, Killie aren’t even traditional top 12 material 

8 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Is he not signed until the January transfer window? Unless we've got an arrangement in place, he can't just leave for someone else.

Aye, it's until January window, with an option to extend until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old has signed on a short-term deal until the next transfer window.

O’Donnell’s contract has the option to extend the deal until the end of the season. He joins subject to Scottish FA clearance.

Link

Edited by capt_oats

16 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye. It was mentioned a page or so back - the story broke last week.

He's 16.

Ah apologies, completely missed that. Always a bit torn about these ones. Good for the club to get some dolla in but you’re always left wondering what might of been when it’s young boys who haven’t even reached the first team yet. 

17 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Thought this would be more appropriate here than the match thread but just wanted to say that, for me, Lamie is firmly in the "Zak Jules" category of shite. An absolute diddy of a player.

Thanks for reading.

As stated many times before if our strategy to get ahead is to sign players that cannot get in the Livi team then we deserve to be floundering. When we signed Lamie they were amazed. Nothing I have seen since has surprised me. If he was anywhere near a decent defender we would have quite probably stopped the 2nd and 4th goals from going in. Not all his fault but very culpable. Jones is actually behind him when the ball is played forward for the 2nd goal.

I like Robinson and he’s done a v good job to date. If he persists with playing Lamie then I do have to wonder if he has lost the plot. Sooner Carroll is back the better. I though McGinley would start but if he cannot get ahead of Lamie then that is a HUGE concern about his ability. 

bad day at the office and maybe in part to do with midweek exertions and travel. That plus we can not rotate the squad like Rangers can. 

Bigger and more meaningful games coming up next 4 matches. Will be a real barometer as to whether top 6 or relegation battle is looming. 

Edited by welldaft