Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I have no strong feelings either way about Robbie Crawford and while I get the gist of the posts about the loans I'm not entirely against the rationale here.

In a normal season folk like Semple and Cornelius would be getting regular 90 mins for the reserves every week plus the opportunity for whatever mins they may get off the bench on a Saturday, that in turn may lead to them getting a place in the starting XI. The Reserves games would give some sort of a gauge of form.

The fact that the Reserve league has been binned means that their only potential minutes will be occasional bounce games or with the First team which are at different ends of the spectrum.

Sorry to be all happy clapper about it like.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

Leftfield AF. Is Crawford not a winger?

He played wide at times for Ayr but he is more natural centrally.  Smashing player IMO. 

Edited by itzdrk

Incidentally, if we're loaning out Dean Cornelius as Robinson suggests in that bit of copy I take it we'll be in the market for another midfielder beyond Crawford since that would leave us with 5 fit covering 3 spots.

Campbell,  O'Hara, Polworth, Crawford and Maguire.

Edited by capt_oats

7 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Crawford can't tackle, header or score, he also continually loses his man, provides very few assists, runs around a lot tbf ,massively overrated by some Ayr fans for some reason and totally found out at Livingstone....mental signing!!!!

Oh No Facepalm GIF by moodman

22 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Crawford can't tackle, header or score, he also continually loses his man, provides very few assists, runs around a lot tbf ,massively overrated by some Ayr fans for some reason and totally found out at Livingstone....mental signing!!!!

I mean this is complete bollocks. He can tackle. He provided multiple assists last year, including against Celtic. 

I don't really get this. Yeah, he hadn't had much game time this year, but he's a decent player at this level. Not a fan of loaning out players to your rivals. Not a fan of selling them either after the start Odoffin's had at Accies.

1 hour ago, Mod1967 said:

Class. He'll fit right in then.

Taking Semple, Robinson, Cornelius, MacIver, Hussain and Devine out - as they're likely to be loaned or have already been loaned out then here's how the squad looks as it stands.

1608873487_ScreenShot2020-09-18at20_42_45.png.a2921e0d50bce64a59770d807b93be31.png

Put in a 433 as that's clearly how we intended to set up this season rather than with a back 3.

Total - 24 (4 Injured: Fox, Carroll, Dunne, Donnelly)

3 hours ago, Mod1967 said:

I think we've got a full Chris Porter write up here - I'm suddenly looking forward to seeing this boy play....

No disrespect to Livingston but is any surprise we are struggling this season when our transfer strategy seems to be signing players that cannot get a game for them. 

I like to think for the most part I focus on the positives and I have spent the last few season defending Robinson and acknowledging his achievements. at a time when many others in our support never have and probably never will. To be fair some are the type that would literally not acknowledge us winning the title..

But these last few weeks are starting to test my loyalty to the Manager and some of the players. I was out walking the dog when my mate informed me we had signed a midfielder from Livingston who clearly they were happy to let go. It did not improve my mood much. 

We need 2 or 3 quality additions to the squad in all 3 key areas of the pitch. But it appears as if the money earned from Turnbull and Europa Cup run are being earmarked for other projects. I get that. I don’t want to see the club back in trouble and this season more than most we need to be prudent. But even using the money from getting arguably a round further in Europe than we would have been expecting would allow us to bring in 2 quality players and players that actually would slot into 1st team or be thereabouts. 

These next 2 weeks will tell us a lot about the team and squad. No one will be surprised to see us lose to Aberdeen and Hapoel Beer Sheva but it will be the manner of these defeats. Or better yet if we manage to get a result in one or both games then perhaps we can see a light at the end of the tunnel. 

A concerned Well fan.......

Edited by welldaft

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

No disrespect to Livingston but is any surprise we are struggling this season when our transfer strategy seems to be signing players that cannot get a game for them. 

I like to think for the most part I focus on the positives and I have spent the last few season defending Robinson and acknowledging his achievements. at a time when many others in our support never have and probably never will. To be fair some are the type that would literally not acknowledge us winning the title..

But these last few weeks are starting to test my loyalty to the Manager and some of the players. I was out walking the dog when my mate informed me we had signed a midfielder from Livingston who clearly they were happy to let go. It did not improve my mood much. 

We need 2 or 3 quality additions to the squad in all 3 key areas of the pitch. But it appears as if the money earned from Turnbull and Europa Cup run are being earmarked for other projects. I get that. I don’t want to see the club back in trouble and this season more than most we need to be prudent. But even using the money from getting arguably a round further in Europe than we would have been expecting would allow us to bring in 2 quality players and players that actually would slot into 1st team or be thereabouts. 

These next 2 weeks will tell us a lot about the team and squad. No one will be surprised to see us lose to Aberdeen and Hapoel Beer Sheva but it will be the manner of these defeats. Or better yet if we manage to get a result in one or both games then perhaps we can see a light at the end of the tunnel. 

A concerned Well fan.......

Find a way of putting Lamie on the bench.

Give Polworth a shake, apologise for dropping him, explain we had to put Turnbull in the shop window but it’s him we really love.

Sorted.