Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I would encourage any family who needs the money to seek the refund.  The majority will take it on the chin.

Yep - given that loads of folk will have been paid off - there can't be any shaming of people that decide take the cash - it's perfectly legitimate as we got less than we paid for. For folk that are lucky enough to be working close to normal, I would imagine that money that was spent last year won't be a massive concern and given that the club can get VAT relief on the money, there is an incentive to leave it...

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

2 year deal for Lamie. Presumably him taking #4 means Grimshaw will be #2.

Genuinely interested to see how our new transfer strategy of signing pals of Declan pans out tbh.

Paul Ferris, Goggsy and Abdelbaset al-Megrahi?

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

58 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

2 year deal for Lamie. Presumably him taking #4 means Grimshaw will be #2.

Genuinely interested to see how our new transfer strategy of signing pals of Declan pans out tbh.

Worst comes to worst we can just sack off the football and become an E-Sports team. 

I've not seen much of him but from memory Lamie is quite a physical defender who can 'put himself about'. If he's half as good as the last defender we got from Livingston then this will be a good signing.

I see O'Hara's done a wee bit with the Motherwell Times discussing his situation.

“I spoke to the manager (via text message) last week and Motherwell are still interested,” O’Hara told the Times and Speaker. “It is not doable at the moment but I hope there’s still a chance that it will happen.

“There is no timescale on when Motherwell might come back with an offer. It’s uncertain times so I’ve not got many options at the moment but Motherwell would be my number one option.

“It would definitely suit me coming back."

Link

That seems to make a bit more sense tbh.

20 minutes ago, Desp said:

I like Mark O'Hara, but it'll be a tough gig for him to come in and replace Allan Campbell when he's sold. 

He looked to be improving to me, not the worst signing should it happen.

The classic claret and amber kit goes back to its retro simplicity and is based on the strip worn by the League Cup winning side in 1950.

As we approach the 70th anniversary of that victory, the claret band extends on to the sleeves once again.

Flashes of white on the collar and sleeves go with our white shorts, while we’ve also given a nod to an older style amber band near the top of the claret socks.

It’s a modern take on a moment in our history.

AndyPaton02_950x500_acf_cropped.jpg

A potentially perfect home kit ruined yet again by WHITE FUCKING SHORTS. It's a cracking top and hopefully it'll be available without the sponsor but white shorts do not belong on a Motherwell home kit.