Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

16 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Ross Maciver was signed at the start of the season (and isn't very good)

Manzinga = pish, Ilic = pish, Ndjoli = pish

granted but he was still signed for the reserves, so the fact we are pushing him as opposed to leaving him there shows that he will give the young boys a chance. I also think saying he isn't very good is harsh, i think quite the opposite. 

Ndjoli may well be pish but he has played 30 minutes and has carried a knock, take it your a huge fan of watching the Bournemouth reserves?

Nice wee bit in the Evening Times the other day from Tony Watt.

“I should have scored the other night,” he admitted. “I just misjudged it and could have laid the ball back too.

“That’s not a lack of sharpness as the club has been great by giving me the tools you need to get fit. And they’ve given me the minutes required for sharpness.

“On another night I could have smashed it and scored, just like I could have done better with other chances too.”

Despite the difficult start, Watt credited Stephen Robinson for helping get his career back on track after a truncated time in Bulgaria with CSKA Sofia. Motherwell is the 26 year-old’s 12th senior club.

“The manager has been unbelievable for me,” he revealed. “I can’t thank him highly enough because he’s given me confidence and belief.

“He is treating me as I want to be treated. I didn’t expect to play as much as I have but the gaffer has needed me.

“I told him I’d run through a brick wall for him and will continue to do that whenever he asks me to play.

“As long as I’m called upon I’ll run as hard and as fast as I can."

Link

Edited by capt_oats

I know fans of other clubs have said he starts of well and loses interest but hopefully this frame of mind hangs around because he has been a real assest so far, despite results not going our way. If we can go into next summer knowing Long and watt would be hanging around it would be nice. I think there is a good partnership there.

6 hours ago, Neil86 said:

granted but he was still signed for the reserves, so the fact we are pushing him as opposed to leaving him there shows that he will give the young boys a chance. I also think saying he isn't very good is harsh, i think quite the opposite. 

Ndjoli may well be pish but he has played 30 minutes and has carried a knock, take it your a huge fan of watching the Bournemouth reserves?

MacIver scored a great goal up at county but it is clear he isn't good enough for this level. A lesser Bob McHugh imo.

Ndjoli was garbage for Killie. 2 goals in 24 games.

Plenty Killie fans came in and gave their opinion when we signed him.

28 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

We all riding the #QuadrupleTreble train now then aye?

It's pretty inevitable now isnt it? Of the 3 teams Celtic can possibly play I dont see any of them being able to threaten them. Of course with our luck we are going to end up finishing 5th, but if we can pick up a few wins in the next few games it will give us a big boost for a top 4 finish.

Our next 4 games are all winnable with the 5th being rangers away (cant see more than a point from that game). Afterwars everyone will be playing each other so having some gap between us and 5th will be essential.

11 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

It's pretty inevitable now isnt it?

A frankly disgusting lack of belief in a team who thrive on grinding out vile victories that crush dreams.

Edited by RandomGuy.