Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I can only imagine Seedorf, Hylton, Campbell & Hartley are so near their wits end they can't concentrate on a saturday cos the boss is up in court.

On things that annoy me at the fitba, our throw ins. We always threaten to take them quickly and then hang about until folk are fully marked up and then seemingly make no effort for the thrower.

12 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I can only imagine Seedorf, Hylton, Campbell & Hartley are so near their wits end they can't concentrate on a saturday cos the boss is up in court.

On things that annoy me at the fitba, our throw ins. We always threaten to take them quickly and then hang about until folk are fully marked up and then seemingly make no effort for the thrower.

Motherwell have been shite at throw-ins since the mid-90s when we'd throw the ball to Tommy Coyne, he'd dummy it, spin round and collect the pass back from Dougie Arnott.

There was a brief, one-off, recovery in 2004 when Stephen Craigan decided to just throw the ball into the Kilmarnock net from about Row K of the East Stand.

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

We're due to play County at home next midweek but are both out the cup. I'm surprised there haven't been any rumblings about bringing the game forward to the Saturday. Maybe it's too close but I'm sure we've done it before.

Given our schedule since mid-Jan has been Sat - Weds - Sat - Sat - Weds - Sat - Weds - Tues - Sat - Tues and we've had injury/illness concerns the past couple of weeks I'd imagine we'd be quite happy to have some extra days (though clearly would rather still be in the cup etc).

9 minutes ago, Desp said:

Motherwell have been shite at throw-ins since the mid-90s when we'd throw the ball to Tommy Coyne, he'd dummy it, spin round and collect the pass back from Dougie Arnott.

There was a brief, one-off, recovery in 2004 when Stephen Craigan decided to just throw the ball into the Kilmarnock net from about Row K of the East Stand.

I remember that well.  He got a decent amount of distance on the throw but it was helped on by Alan Combe who then decided to drop it into his own net.

37 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

It's already been discussed. We only lost 2 of the 7 games in the period between the arrest, his appearance in court and the end of the January window. We won 4 of the 7.

Since the end of the January window it's now P 6 W 0 D 3 L 3

Although I’m sure it seems I’m skewing the argument to cover my original post I was only really aware (or remembered) the original incident when it went to court in January.

I actually made a post in the GN forum relating to it on the same day, if any proof was needed that this was the date I became aware.

Since 16th January your form has certainly dipped.

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

Although I’m sure it seems I’m skewing the argument to cover my original post I was only really aware (or remembered) the original incident when it went to court in January.

I actually made a post in the GN forum relating to it on the same day, if any proof was needed that this was the date I became aware.

What else have you become aware of and what were the dates?

34 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I remember that well.  He got a decent amount of distance on the throw but it was helped on by Alan Combe who then decided to drop it into his own net.

Given all the gate opening, I'm sure Jim Jefferies quote was "he took it fae Portibelly". Must be an east coast thing.

21 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Reserves 2-1 down to Aberdeen currently. Trialist (presumably Robinson's son) has scored our goal from 25 yards.

Maguire, Ndjoli and Manzinga involved from the first team, but no Dunne. I doubt that's because he's in the squad tomorrow.

1-3 at HT.

In fairness where we've got Maguire, Ndjoli and Manzinga from the first team Aberdeen are giving Cerny, Hernandez, Gallagher and Hedges a run out from their first team. Bruce Anderson's playing (and scored) as well.

Interesting (but not surprising I suppose) that MacIver's worked his way up to 3rd choice striker with us now given he was picked up without any real fanfare. Aberdeen's Twitter confirming it was Robinson who scored for us btw.

Going by the team line up Maguire's playing centre half today.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Fwiw I imagine people at the club were aware of the story a while before it broke in December, and didn't find out from your Pie and Bovril thread a month later.

On 19/02/2020 at 13:39, Al B said:

I totally agree. If only the Robinson family had stayed at home that day and had a cozy evening watching telly, then Bevis Mugabe and Christy Manzinga wouldn't be utterly dugshit at fitba. Must be so frustrating for the boys, sitting in their house thinking "I used to be able to do this, but then the gaffer got in an argument with his wife and the ability to tackle, pass, know where i'm supposed to be, or just generally look like I know what i'm doing, just drained right out of me".

Just here to bump this point made previously by the right honourable gentleman, @Al B