Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

After hearing about Atalanda situation, I am wondering what would happen to us if we *Potentially* managed to qualify for European football next season and reach the group stage. I know Fir Park is not suitable for the group stages (I remembered hearing this back before the levante game) but what would happen to us in this case?

I mean, it's highly unlikely to happen, but it wont stop me from believing, as it's becoming more of a race not to finish in a european spot this season.

Edited by Phillips455

17 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

"Waste of space with no honour or dignity" because of a 0-0 draw with Accies :lol:

Tbf, I noticed this from a boy I muted ages ago on account of him clearly either being a WUM or just dangerously thick. It's genuinely next level...

"We haven't won 50% of our league games"....like that's the benchmark. We've won 48.1% - 13 wins from 27 games...Jesus Fucking Christ - that all important 1.9%.

Honestly, having a wee swatch at some of the miles oot patter kicking around is fully validating giving Twitter a swerve these days.

Edited by capt_oats

41 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

"Waste of space with no honour or dignity" because of a 0-0 draw with Accies :lol:

We need people like Kenny on the Well Society board with his constructive criticism keeping the Club Board on their toes.

27 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Tbf, I noticed this from a boy I muted ages ago on account of him clearly either being a WUM or just dangerously thick. It's genuinely next level...

"We haven't won 50% of our league games"....like that's the benchmark. We've won 48.1% - 13 wins from 27 games...Jesus Fucking Christ - that all important 1.9%.

Honestly, having a wee swatch at some of the miles oot patter kicking around is fully validating giving Twitter a swerve these days.

Have we changed the source of our pies?

12 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I reckon he’s one of the guys that goes mental when opposing players steal a metre or two at throw ins. Calm the f**k down. It’s hilarious to watch.

The lad in front of me on Saturday fits in to this. His blood pressure must be through the ceiling having spent 90 minutes utterly losing his shit every time an Accies player put a tackle in. 

I was just about to say the same thing about the two rockets sitting behind me on Saturday. Ear bleeding pish for the whole 90 minutes. 

''Yer a joke referee... aw wait jokes are meant to be funny'' really lost its zing after its 5th airing. 

It's fair to say that tweet got a reaction out of me but fucking hell...my mind is still being melted 12 hours after reading it.

Atleti are currently 3rd in La Liga having won 11 of 25 games (44%) but by brainiac's logic that means Simeone's a rubbish manager and it's a shite league.

Chelsea are 4th in the EPL having won...exactly the same % of games as us. 13 from 27 (they've only 2 points more as well, they're sat on 44).

Killie finished 3rd last season having won 19 from 38 precisely 50%. We're 1.9% off that win rate.

Regardless of all of that the idea that anyone's using a win rate of at least 50% to gauge a Motherwell manager is fucking mental.

Edited by capt_oats

There's a guy sits near me in the East for whom the Foul Shy is seemingly the most important thing that happens in a game - he shouts for them constantly despite it being the most boring foul ever invented. Bet he was a "steps" counter when that was still a thing.

13 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We all have them in our supports. There's a guy who's wanted Wright out pretty much since he came in, even after we won the cup final.

Moon dwellers.

Is that the one who claims all TWs successes should be contributed to McInnes, as its him who "built the squad"?

15 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I reckon he’s one of the guys that goes mental when opposing players steal a metre or two at throw ins. Calm the f**k down. It’s hilarious to watch.

To be fair, I'm someone who gets wound up by this I'm sad to admit. 

Although in my case it's nothing to do with the supposed cheating it's more to do with the fact when I played boys football I was a full back and used to mark where the ball went out with my studs so that I knew exactly where to throw the ball from. 

So in conclusion I have a slight touch of OCD about this sort of thing and therefore slightly overreact to a player moving even just his foot past the point where in my mind the ball went out. 

That's felt good to share

I get wound up by us not marking up at throw-ins and letting teams take them easily but that's just me.
There are some people who I just don't understand why they go to the football in the first place as they seemed to get themselves really worked up about everything with zero enjoyment. There's an old boy near me shouts "That's terrible " constantly whether it is or isn't. It really can't be good for him.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

There's a guy sits near me in the East for whom the Foul Shy is seemingly the most important thing that happens in a game - he shouts for them constantly despite it being the most boring foul ever invented. Bet he was a "steps" counter when that was still a thing.

I bet he's one of those VL's who chants, "Cheat Cheat Cheat!" about four times a game.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Are Motherwell fans not concerned that the dip in form seems to coincide with the managers off-field legal issues? From memory that story broke, in terms of the charge, around Christmas time?

Is there an echo in here?

12 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Are Motherwell fans not concerned that the dip in form seems to coincide with the managers off-field legal issues? From memory that story broke, in terms of the charge, around Christmas time?

It's already been discussed. We only lost 2 of the 7 games in the period between the arrest, his appearance in court and the end of the January window. We won 4 of the 7.

On 19/02/2020 at 12:42, capt_oats said:

Not really. The alleged incident was on 13th December, he was in court on 16th January - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51137769

In that time our record is: P 12 W 4 D 3 L 5 - two of the losses were to Rangers and Celtic.
15th December: L - Rangers (h) 0 - 2
21st December: W - Kilmarnock (a) 0 - 1
26th December - W - Ross County (a) 1 - 2
29th December - L - Accies (h) 1 - 2
18th January - W - Dundee (a) 0 - 3
22nd January - W - Aberdeen (a) 0 - 1
25th January - X - Hibs (h) 0 - 0
1st February - L - Livingston (a) 1 - 0
5th February - L - Celtic (h) 0 - 4
8th February - X - St Mirren (a) 1 - 1
12th February - L - St Johnstone (a) 2 - 1
18th February - X - St Mirren - (h) 4 - 4 eliminated on penalties

If you're looking for a correlation in the dip in form then it's that we lost Devante Cole during the January window and sold James Scott on the 31st January. Our form since the window closed is P 5 W 0 D 2 L 3.

Up to the end of the window it was P 7 W 4 D 1 L 2.

Since the end of the January window it's now P 6 W 0 D 3 L 3

Edited by capt_oats