Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Ainsworth leave, he is definitely not a McGhee type player in terms of work rate and tracking back etc. He even bashed Lionel in his post match interview against Thistle did he not ? Anyway can't say i'd be too bothered if he does leave, when he is on form he is amazing to watch but its very rare he is and a lot of the time just looks like he can't be arsed.

McGhee's been pretty positive about Ainsworth tbh. Thistle game aside (where he *was* at fault, albeit alongside a few other players) he's talked him up at every opportunity.

Ultimately though it's difficult to see where he fits in the team just now. He's not as versatile as Johnson and hasn't really taken the opportunities McGhee's given him. He's got a year left on his deal (which I'd imagine would be at the higher end of our pay scale) so if a team like Plymouth are interested in chucking us some cash and we get to free up a wage then it seems a decent opportunity for all concerned.

It'd certainly be more agreeable to try and move on some of the more fringe players first.

Hi folks, first post!  I stay next to Somerset Park and I'm there a lot, been lucky enough to see a lot of Moore last season so I just wanted to say how excited I am to see him extend his contract with Well.

He's had his critics but McManus has always done at the very worst a reasonable job for us at the back and it can't hurt having an experienced player in that position. If we tie up Hall and McDonald next it'll be a good bit of business by the club.

McManus is still important in terms of Hall and Kennedys development and also young David Ferguson, he will be good for them in training and games.  Same goes with McDonald who is still a vital player i believe having scored 16 goals last season for us.  If we can get them signed up and get a couple of fresh faces for the new season then i think we will actually have a pretty decent season.

Don't understand why people are moaning about giving him a new contract? He held the whole defence together this season and is brilliant with the young lads in the team. The squad needs some experience to help the inexperienced!

I thought last season was McManus's best since he came to the club - he was far more consistent than in the other 2 seasons and it's clear that we need guys like him if we are to get more game time for young players - so I am quite happy that he's signed up on (reportedly) reduced terms...

Most of the well fans on here are pretty reasonable but steelmen online and especially the facebook page is full of absolute roasters. Pleased to see Mick has signed a new deal myself.

"Mcgee is a pure dick man get him tae f**k"

James Moan and 5 others like this

Steelmenonline has went way downhill from what I've read of late. I might start posting on there again in the new season, bring some sensible debate back to the table. :)