Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Our midfield last night was quite a worry. O'Hara was fucking rotten and Polworth was almost non existent for the time he was on the park. Campbell is a machine though.

Think that’s hard on Polworth.

He took a fair bit of rough treatment last night throughout the full game. Took a hard hit in the first and second half.

He also got two assists which isn’t a bad return. Also defensively put a shift in.

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Our midfield last night was quite a worry. O'Hara was fucking rotten and Polworth was almost non existent for the time he was on the park. Campbell is a machine though.

I could have sworn Polworth provided the assist for Longs second goal ? He was far from none existent.

I thought Polworth played well enough first half and seemed to be involved in most of our chances. Including winning the free kick for 1st and setting up the 2nd.

Like just about everyone else though, he disappeared 2nd half. We only really regained control when he went off, although I think that had more to do with Donnelly coming on than anything else.  

To be fair to him, he was on the receiving end of a pretty poor tackle from Kerr as well. Studs right down the ankle, which somehow the ref gave as a foul against Polworth..

Polworth has more domestic assists this season than any other top flight player.

Only Forrest matches him in the league, and its only those two who are in double figures.

ICT fans also had this weird need to absolutely slate him and claim hes shite despite the fact he, almost literally, set up almost all their goals.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Polworth has more domestic assists this season than any other top flight player.

Only Forrest matches him in the league, and its only those two who are in double figures.

ICT fans also had this weird need to absolutely slate him and claim hes shite despite the fact he, almost literally, set up almost all their goals.

People see what they want to see, even when the stats show them to be completely wrong.

3 hours ago, fat_tony said:

Donnelly is definitely my preferred option on there alongside Campbell, and once Turnbull is back it'll make the midfield mix pretty interesting.

Natural feeling would be to replace Polworth with Turnbull, but it may be that we rotate more depending on the opposition. Polworth, Turnbull, and Campbell would be a tasty looking attacking mix but I'd worry defensively.

Drop a winger and play the full midfield, 4-1-3-2 

I'm yet to be won over by O'Hara and in all honesty I'm not sure what his strongest position is either. As it stands I'd much prefer Donnelly in the middle of the park.

I'm hoping Hylton's injury isn't too severe, Seedorf looked pretty lost at times last night.

All in all though, first game back after the break and considering how our game prior to the break went, I reckon we should be fairly content with how comfortable the victory was - albeit against a very poor lot. 

36 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I agree with this

I'm always happy as long as we're not at Ibrox/Parkhead/Pittodrie/Easter Rd or Tynecastle - so I'm er, happy. 

If it's 3 on a saturday, I think we'll easily fill that away end, so could be a rare Ticket Scramble!!!11!