Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

That movie doesn’t seem to be coming to much affect this season. Teams like Hearts, St Mirren, St Johnstone etc who were all struggling are teams that wee drop points to regarding a team on horrible form but we’ve managed to change that this season. Not often we beat hearts home and away in a season. I’m quietly confident for Sunday for some reason, don’t usually get this feeling when playing the ugly sisters. 

Well I hope you're optimism is rewarded but until I see it with my own eyes I don't think we'll ever win a league match against Rangers again. For the best part of the last twenty years I've heard our fans talk up.our chances against games against Rangers, especially home games, as "we'll never get a better chance, they're there for the taking" and with the exception of two days in May 2015 and another in October 2017 it never happens for us. I'm always all the more wary of facing Rangers, or any team for that matter, when there is an expectation amongst our support that we will get a result. Rangers will be given a hounding all week this week by the media and their support so I fear we may be the ones on the end of a backlash, yet again.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Saturday being Hartley's 50th appearance for us has fried my brain. That's less than Josh Law or Zaine Francis Angol.

He's spent an inordinate amount of time injured and out of favour I guess...

16 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
"It's tough watching it and wishing you were out there but I know my time will come"
Is that a subtle dog whistle to Celtic fans? He's essentially just used the club Twitter account to say Tiocfaidh ar la! TURNBULL OUT.

Noticed this the other day. #turnbullout

Screenshot_20191208_180314_com.twitter.android.jpeg

Edited by Ron Aldo

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

He's spent an inordinate amount of time injured and out of favour I guess...

Aye. Just feels to me like he's been around for much longer than 2 years and a couple of months. Comes with being the most box-office man in Scottish football I guess.

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Screenshot_20191209-194603__01.thumb.jpg.30b975db0156d59fa10a9248aefc07ff.jpg

All is forgiven.

(hopefully he doesn't find out I suggested he was an IRA sympathiser half an hour previously)

To be fair he is probably bored shitless. 
That said I do wish he would stop liking Celtic related tweets. He is a Motherwell fan and more so a player. I think given how much we love him is why he is getting a relatively easy ride from the fans. 

7 minutes ago, welldaft said:

That said I do wish he would stop liking Celtic related tweets. He is a Motherwell fan and more so a player. I think given how much we love him is why he is getting a relatively easy ride from the fans. 

Stop slagging off my pal.

9 hours ago, welldaft said:

If you knew that moving to a new employer would make you a millionaire, you'd like a few of their tweets :)

9 minutes ago, Swello said:

If you knew that moving to a new employer would make you a millionaire, you'd like a few of their tweets :)

I had a CEO of a company who actively reprimanded colleagues who liked competitors tweets. Not saying he was right, but I feel you should be showing respect to your current employers and those who have nurtured and help grow your talent to allow you to (possibly) become a millionaire. 
I kind of get why he is doing it and he is a young lad but I just don’t approve is all. Lest get him back to playing and hopefully he can earn his big money move and help us in the process. 

I understand both sides of the argument. It doesn’t really bother me what tweets he likes but the legions of Celtic Da’s & VL’s piling into the clubs tweets anytime DT is mentioned is a bit annoying.

FWIW (probably f-all) I did noticed he liked a few tweets from Motherwell fans where they mentioned about hoping he signs an extended deal before he inevitably leaves.

10 minutes ago, dezz said:

I understand both sides of the argument. It doesn’t really bother me what tweets he likes but the legions of Celtic Da’s & VL’s piling into the clubs tweets anytime DT is mentioned is a bit annoying.

Doesn't really bother me either, but given the club has said in the past they have a social media policy for all the staff, I'm surprised somebody hasn't had a wee word with him. Though of course if you come down too heavy on things that aren't really doing anyone (or the club) any harm, you can just make things worse.

Getting my Spotify Wrapped decade thing (bangers each and every one btw) made me think about our decade.

It's open to debate whether the 09/10 season should be included or if the end of this year is actually the end of the decade but anyway by my count:
6 Top 6 finishes in 10 seasons - this season TBC obvs
6 seasons competing in European competition
6 Managers
3 Cup Finals
2 2nd place finishes
1 3rd place finish
1 PFA POTY (Higdon)
1 Golden Boot (Higdon)
1 Premiership Play-off win (6-1 agg vs Rangers)
1 FW YPOTY (Turnbull)
plus fan ownership becoming a thing.

2009/10 - 5th - Top Scorer (all): John Sutton (13)
2010/11 - 6th (SC Final) - Top Scorer (all): John Sutton (17)
2011/12 - 3rd - Top Scorer (all): Michal Higdon (16)
2012/13 - 2nd - Top Scorer (all): Michael Higdon (27)
2013/14 - 2nd - Top Scorer (all): John Sutton (22) 
2014/15 - 11th (Scottish Premiership Play-off: Winners) - Top Scorer (all): John Sutton (13)
2015/16 - 5th - Top Scorer (all): Louis Moult (18)
2016/17 - 9th - Top Scorer (all): Louis Moult (18)
2017/18 - 7th (LC Final / SC Final) - Top Scorer (all): Louis Moult (14)
2018/19 - 8th - Top Scorer (all): David Turnbull (15)
2019/20 - currently 3rd - Top Scorer (all): Liam Donnelly (9)

Managers win %:
Jim Gannon (30th June 09 - 28th Dec 09) - 28%
Craig Brown (29th Dec 09 - 10th Dec 10)- 46.67%
Stuart McCall (30th Dec 10 - 2nd Nov 14) - 42.5%
Ian Baraclough (13th Dec 14 - 23rd Sept 15) -35.3%
Mark McGhee (13th Oct 15 - 28th Feb 17) -35.5%
Stephen Robinson (28th Feb 17 - present) -  46.9%

So there you go...

Edited by capt_oats