Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 hours ago, AndyRoss said:

https://motherwellfc.podbean.com/e/stephen-robinson/

If you are having any issues accessing the links, give this one a go instead.

Great interview with some really good insight!

I hope you continue to do your 'unofficial podcast' as well. It's great the club is giving such access on a official platform but I do enjoy the more unoffical stuff as well.

I know our media team like to 'control the narrative' but I think it's important - especially in times of trouble - that there is a more unoffical discussion around what is happening. I think your podcast has been a really good platform for this over the past year or so.

On Cadden, interesting to see him thriving as a RB. Honestly shocked to see him do so well in this position.

Edited by Luke92

19 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Fair enjoyed that, Robinson always comes across well in these sort of interviews. 

In other news this morning;

Oxford submit bid for Cadden

What a stunning turn of events, certainly didn’t see that coming.  

giphy.gif

+1 on the podcast though, a really good listen and while a lot of what Robinson was saying was consistent with the Sportsound interview he did a while back there were quite a few bits and pieces that have never really been covered before particularly his take on the Hastie situation along with the fact he mentioned we got "good" money for him (the dev fee has never actually confirmed publicly and AFAIK the accounts aren't out yet).

Nicely done @AndyRoss and glad to see the club giving an official platform to more in-depth coverage as that 50 mins is more insightful in an "official" sense than all the pre and post match chats with Robinson combined IMO.

Edited by capt_oats

34 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Fair enjoyed that, Robinson always comes across well in these sort of interviews. 

It's *so* fucking blatant - I thought they would at least wait until the summer....

Would we be due a cut of any fee as I believe the development fee rules allow for a trickle down arrangement for future transfers. Or would that not apply because:
a) he's now too old or
b) the Americans don't take part in the development fee system.?

8 hours ago, Luke92 said:

Great interview with some really good insight!

I hope you continue to do your 'unofficial podcast' as well. It's great the club is giving such access on a official platform but I do enjoy the more unoffical stuff as well.

I know our media team like to 'control the narrative' but I think it's important - especially in times of trouble - that there is a more unoffical discussion around what is happening. I think your podcast has been a really good platform for this over the past year or so.

On Cadden, interesting to see him thriving as a RB. Honestly shocked to see him do so well in this position.

Anyone with a pair of eyes could see that was his best position. 

On the transfer... The whole thing stinks to high heaven

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The bit on last week Terrace where Cadden mentioned Twitter searching his own name after games cheered me up a wee bit, hope he's fucking devestated every time.

Me too. I think I might tweet "Chris Cadden is a dirty rat b*****d" right now in fact.

It feels strange to be sitting 4th in the league going into December, 3 points off 3rd and 11 clear of 7th following a 4-0 win, and still not be entirely convinced that we’re actually that good.

As with most teams, our ambitions for the season will probably become clearer come the end of the month with 6 games in the next 4 weeks. I’m quietly positive we can have a good month though - a return of 12-13 points would be decent and set us up for a European push I hope.