Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Robinson fucking loves a centre half doesn't he? We've got four options who I'd be pretty happy with in any combination, light years away from the days of Heneghan and Jules.

Still cannot believe someone paid us actual cash money for Heneghan. Or that Zak Jules is paid to play football. 

Zak Jules might have the wildest 'highlights' reel on YouTube. 

1 minute ago, crazylegsjoe said:

Hartley and Dunne out of contract at the end of the season, I wonder if this decreases the likelihood of them getting new deals.

Heneghan seemed like an honest pro, but I really did not rate him whatsoever. He got outmuscled by big strikers and outrun by nippy strikers.

Similar to Bowman I could never fault Heneghan's effort. He was just absolutely pish at football. 

On 19/11/2019 at 11:45, well fan for life said:

Jesus wept. I'd forgotten Saunders got called up. 

I think you are harsh in dismissing Saunders.

At the time of his injury , which he picked up when playing as Captain for the Scotland Under 21's, he was widely regarded as a very promising defender.

Coming through at the same time as Hutchinson there was belief they would form a good central defence partnership for years to come.

Thus can be the impact of injuries. Not unlike Craig Moore who many had high hopes for.

9 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe said:

Hartley and Dunne out of contract at the end of the season, I wonder if this decreases the likelihood of them getting new deals.

I've already got the fear that Gallacher will be bought at the end of the season  (if his agent isn't punting him around after scotland caps, he wouldn't be doing his job) - so getting Mugabe in seems like a good move in any circumstances.

I've possibly said it before - but the "12-18" part of our squad that was supposedly the focus last season, is as good as it's ever been now - there probably isn't a single injury that would kill our season as has happened in the past.

30 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe said:

That's it. I'll always have a lot more time for the Heneghans and Bowmans of the world, than the Omar Daley and Brian Kerrs. 

People need to stop talking shit about Omar, that's twice in a week.

Not having that he didn't provide entertainment and Bob Marley flags.

10 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

People need to stop talking shit about Omar, that's twice in a week.

Not having that he didn't provide entertainment and Bob Marley flags.

Omar gets a pass for patter IMO. 

If you're going to be shite at least be funny. If we're charting this I want it trademarked as the Tony Straker Index. 

Daley was just weird in general. A guy that has a great name, comes from an exotic country and effectively claims to be the fastest human being in the world should more or less guarantee himself cult hero status regardless of footballing ability- yet despite hanging about for two full seasons and actually contributing occasionally I can barely remember anything about him. 

Daley was just weird in general. A guy that has a great name, comes from an exotic country and effectively claims to be the fastest human being in the world should more or less guarantee himself cult hero status regardless of footballing ability- yet despite hanging about for two full seasons and actually contributing occasionally I can barely remember anything about him. 

Stuart McCall fucking LOVED chucking him on with 88 minutes gone when we needed a goal.