Casagolda

Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I assume Gboly is sitting twiddling his thumbs as he's nowhere near the Forest team - seems like a total waste of a decent player. If we offered him £3k* the club couldn't have done any more I guess...

*probably the same day we accepted the offer on Turnbull :)

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

I assume Gboly is sitting twiddling his thumbs as he's nowhere near the Forest team - seems like a total waste of a decent player. If we offered him £3k* the club couldn't have done any more I guess...

*probably the same day we accepted the offer on Turnbull :)

To the surprise of absolutely no one Oxford (his home town-ish) were reported as having had an interest in him a couple of weeks back. 

https://the72.co.uk/140448/nottingham-forest-attacker-subject-to-interest-from-rotherham-united-and-oxford-united/ 

Born in Arlington, Virginia in the United States to a Nigerian parent, Ariyibi moved to England when he was two months old and resided in London before spending a short period of time living in Nigeria. Ariyibi later moved back to England and settled in Oxford. Ariyibi considers Oxford as his home town

34 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Fwiw: there was a Tweet from Burrows to someone mewling re: Cadden suggesting he was offered a (relatively) "lucrative" contract.

Relatively being the word...reliably informed he's picking up £10k pw from Columbus / Oxford.  

Just now, Pettigrew said:

Relatively being the word...reliably informed he's picking up £10k pw from Columbus / Oxford.  

Aye, I mean you can find Columbus' salaries published as a matter of record and that sort of figure wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Their highest earner is on $1,010,004.00 basic.

I would quite happily take £10k per week to run quite fast in a straight line without doing too much else.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, I mean you can find Columbus' salaries published as a matter of record and that sort of figure wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Their highest earner is on $1,010,004.00 basic.

Knew they were available but had never really had a look before - fair play to Johnny Russell!

32 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

Knew they were available but had never really had a look before - fair play to Johnny Russell!

and Andy Rose....

I love Gboly an aw but maybe a blessing in disguise we didn't end up chucking £3k p/w at him. Tbh I reckon he'll end up back here on loan eventually anyways.

Edit- just read the bit about us offering Cadden similar. Somebody please take Burrows away from our finances.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I love Gboly an aw but maybe a blessing in disguise we didn't end up chucking £3k p/w at him. Tbh I reckon he'll end up back here on loan eventually anyways.

Edit- just read the bit about us offering Cadden similar. Somebody please take Burrows away from our finances.

For clarity and avoidance of doubt, I wasn't suggesting we were offering Cadden anything like that sort of cash. Simply pointing out that Burrows had mentioned that we had offered him a relatively "lucrative" deal (by our standards).

From his point of view I'd imagine it would be framed in context of the whining from folk about Cadden moving on and any insinuation that we didn't try to keep him at the club.

Edited by capt_oats

Not the only player to be offered or signed on £3k a week. Seemingly there was a change in our financial thinking over the summer re wages.

On 11/08/2019 at 21:50, well fan for life said:

Just caught up on the day’s scores. Anybody know how Hastie got on today?

I assume he is ripping up that Tunnock’s competition.

3 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scottish-premiership-footballer-fined-after-18940651

Sounds like he put considerably more effort into this than ever witnessed during his spell with us.

Surprised he didn't try and argue that he "kept tensing his body" on account of his "back injury" tbqh.

7 hours ago, AndyRoss said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scottish-premiership-footballer-fined-after-18940651

Sounds like he put considerably more effort into this than ever witnessed during his spell with us.

I notice he took the option to fight everyone as he would have no chance of outpacing a middle aged cop in full stab vest.

Edited by Swello

Following on from @thisGRAEME's chat on the Terrace earlier in the week re: Donnelly/fitness and how it seems to be a thing where Robinson/the coaching staff are looking at the players to take on extra responsibility themselves that's Polworth talking about how he's starting his day in the gym now and how it's a "new" thing for him, he's saying it's a part of his game that he's never really worked on.

Good lad.

Edited by capt_oats

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Surprised he didn't try and argue that he "kept tensing his body" on account of his "back injury" tbqh.

6 month case of sciatica wasn't it?;:lol:

I'm on full @MJC mode now. The recruitment has been diabolical. It's no surprise Hylton and Seedorf looked good against a shite Morton team, that appears to be their level. 

Scott is a prospect, but is nowhere near ready to be our first choice no.9. Granted, he's getting no service due to our wide men being shite. 

Going to be a long season. Not sure even Turnbull to could make this dross look good.