Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

This topic came up a few weeks ago but i'm gutted that I was a student at the time which meant European away trips were pretty much out the question for me.

At least that should be rectified next year when Seedorf, Hylton and Scott fire us to Scottish Cup glory and (at least) a 3rd place finish...

16 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

I'm really disappointed in Cadden here, given he was giving it the whole (questionable) grew up going to games etc, he's decided to move to a club that is going to screw us out of compo rather than either sign a year extension and move for a fee.

To be honest I find this really harsh on the guy.

Cadden has limited options. Clubs aren't exactly knocking the door down to sign him. Despite what Craigan and co have been saying on Twitter his form hasn't really warranted any great degree of interest. Not all of this has been his fault (playing wing back and injuries have been a contributing factor) but he has failed to push on the last few years.

If Cadden can get any move good luck to him, he's more than served his time at Motherwell. He hasn't just pissed off after 3 month in the team he has been with us with a good number of years. You can't blame the player here, if anyone is to blame it would be the club for relying on compensation deals and not recognising the loophole. I'm not blaming the club its a pretty unusual scenario but Cadden is certainly not at fault here. He has seen out his agreed contract.  It is going to be interesting to see how this and the Hastie compensation deal plays out. I'm honestly not convinced that we are going to get as much money as we think through a lot of these youth compensation scenarios.

Accies got 250k for Lewis Ferguson who was there 5/6 years with youth? Going to be interesting to see how these stack up fee wise

5 hours ago, Neil86 said:

we played three games at Airdrie that season, Llanelli, Flamurtari and Steau bucharest, Ross Forbes scored a peach of a volley in the latter.

I missed the Llanelli home game because I had swine flu.

From the sounds of things swine flu was preferable.

Lee Erwin away to Ross County I see. I know a lot of us weren't a huge fan but I wouldn't been total against recruiting him for another striking options.

Tbf he is probably a bit similar to Scott. I presume we will be looking more at a target man option.. Still think we could be doing with a number 9 in

Great news on Campbell.

That’s also Cadden signed for Columbus Crew and gone straight to Oxford on loan. I’ve lost track of the whole compo thing but someone better give us some cash.

56 minutes ago, dezz said:

Great news on Campbell.

That’s also Cadden signed for Columbus Crew and gone straight to Oxford on loan. I’ve lost track of the whole compo thing but someone better give us some cash.

Hatchets and hammers...

We’ll set John Boyle on them. He’s got previous.

They’ve just said on Radio Scotland that Alan Burrows told them we’re due $250k (so about £200k). I don’t know if that means we’ve come to an agreement with Columbus or if some sort of FIFA grading for them has been confirmed.

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)