Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Robinson acknowledging that "we're well aware we're very light if forward areas and wide areas still. We've tried a number of things to get people in that haven't quite come off at this moment in time and some we're still very much chasing."

That's something I suppose.

Edited by capt_oats

12 hours ago, Desp said:

If anyone believes that is genuine, they need to get out more.

:lol: FFS!

Dunno mate, the nicknames, chat name and just the general manner of speech seem fairly authentic to what a 19 year old footballer would text his pals. It's at least obscure enough it'd be weird to fake.

Dunno mate, the nicknames, chat name and just the general manner of speech seem fairly authentic to what a 19 year old footballer would text his pals. It's at least obscure enough it'd be weird to fake.

Aye this is my take too. I’m absolutely not taking it as gospel, but it’s not exactly outwith the realms of possibility for it to be legit.

21 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Hold on a minute? Keigan Parker was once the hottest prospect in Scottish football? 

terry crews what GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Hard to believe with the way it turned out, but yes for a short period of time he was. 

Imagine that, eh, a young lad being rated highly after only half a season of first team action?!

A quick google search turned up this article:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13140549.rich-history-to-draw-upon-but-parker-still-has-something-to-give/

Still, nowhere near a Michael Ballack comparison, obviously!! 🤣🤣

Guest Pampered Adolescent
16 minutes ago, MJC said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Turnbull will still be a Celtic player before the transfer window shuts? This 'episode' is far from over I reckon.

It's just you. To give you the benefit of the doubt, perhaps you didn't see yesterday's BBC article that extensively quoted Burrows?

You give us (well, myself) the impression that your hatred of Celtic is far greater than your love of Motherwell.....

Cheers

PA

16 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Robinson acknowledging that "we're well aware we're very light if forward areas and wide areas still. We've tried a number of things to get people in that haven't quite come off at this moment in time and some we're still very much chasing."

That's something I suppose.

Finding genuine quality in the final third was always going to be the hardest part of this summer. Seems like a few things have fallen through as well in the last few weeks, maybe in relation to the Turnbull deal?

As for Turnbull, I still think he might end up at Celtic but I can’t see it being this summer if it’s likely he won’t be back till 2020. I see we’re ‘rumoured’ to be offering him a new deal(with a release clause) to make him one of the highest paid players at the club- let’s be honest, he deserves to be the highest paid player. 

Even if we could get him to sign a 1 year extension with a 3m release clause- Turnbull gets a significant wage increase in the short term but not priced out his big move in the long run. Motherwell keep him for at least the 2nd half of the season but still get maximum value next summer. Sound fair?

To me it does- although Turnbull could obviously tell us to f**k off which he’d be quite entitled to do, having now seen what’s on offer to him out there. 

No idea if it’s true or not however it’d make sense from the clubs point of view to at least ask the question. 

2 hours ago, mwellhighland said:

Turnbull is way ahead of all these comparisons. He's much much more than just goal and assist stats. The one you could see going down a similar path is Hastie but Turnbull will go all the way. 

Hopefully you're right and he fulfils his early potential.  So many variables in a young players career that can affect things though,  only time will tell I guess.

The injury is a real sickener for him when his career really seemed to be kicking off, hope he makes a full recovery.

I think Turnbull "making it" is as close to a sure thing as possible tbh. Some young boys burst onto the scene because of one or two attributes only to be found out as one trick ponies after a full season, but Turnbull's all round game is so ridiculously good that barring external factors like injuries or him turning into a total zoomer he's guaranteed to reach the top.

45 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I take it Turnbull can't just play and take his chances with this injury he has,if he plays will it be worst than 4 to 6 month?

you are a tadger