Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

All sounds a bit like Hartson when he failed the medical at Rangers. When another team, albeit Celtic, took the risk with him, they seemed to do rather well with him in their team. Rangers missed out on loads of things after rejecting Hartson, wonder if the same might happen to Celtic. Doubtful but we can all live in hope.

Get him straight in the team, once the League Cup final celebrations have calmed down get him into hospital and give his knee a flush out, recuperate in Tenerife with the boys, back to it in February for the Cup run. 

Get him straight in the team, once the League Cup final celebrations have calmed down get him into hospital and give his knee a flush out, recuperate in Tenerife with the boys, back to it in February for the Cup run. 
Ever thought about football management as a career mate?

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Bullet dodged, Motherwell will have to seek for a lot less than the fee they wanted.

Lucky escape for us. Motherwell probably knew about this but kept quiet.

Poor from them.

38 minutes ago, Romeo said:

All those English clubs will be back in for him then......

32 minutes ago, Romeo said:
34 minutes ago, ropy said:

Ever thought about football management as a career mate?

15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Where did that £3m go I'm sure it was hear a minute ago?

You hate to see this, posters not waving, but drowning.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Not sure I understand the outrage about the revised proposal. From a third party point of view it looks like Celtic offered to share the risk (including paying for treatment and rehab) following the diagnosis rather than back out of the deal completely, but Motherwell preferred to take on all of the risk as a point of principle? Motherwell now need a lot of things to go right (surgery, rehab, player's subsequent physical and mental condition, player's form, level of interest from other clubs) just to get back to the same position they were in before. It seems a bold gambit with extremely limited upside.

If you know anything about Motherwell at all is that they will always back injured players. Even if their contract ran out they would be offered another contract to cover their return to fitness. Motherwell want the players to know that they will be supported fully, I don't see that as an issue in the slightest if anything it should be applauded.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Bullet dodged, Motherwell will have to seek for a lot less than the fee they wanted.

Lucky escape for us. Motherwell probably knew about this but kept quiet.

Poor from them.

Lol and here it comes, what complete and utter bullshit. Deluded is the only description for your comments. The Romeo propaganda machine in full swing. i think i know where you get your inspiration from.......

iraq denial baghdad GIFs

Edited by Well Well

2 hours ago, WellView said:

Are you saying - Celtic offered a loan-to-buy deal because they wanted a look at him before committing to the transfer?

Who'd have thought, eh? 

( by the way, I hear the loan fee was £500,000 deductible from the transfer if it went through, non-refundable as always if not. Imagine teams paying loans fees, amazing, eh? )

Well done Burrows. And all those wanks that threatened to boycott Fir Park if the Celtic move went through/if the club folded, send some money to the Well Society by way of apology, that's the least you can do. 

Celtic wanted the loan so Motherwell's insurers not Celtic's would have to pay out. 

By the way, still waiting for one, if not both Leitch boys to hit the highs of football greatness - how's it coming along?  

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The only difference is Motherwell dealing with the rehab cost. All the other stuff is a risk regardless of where he is. 

Motherwell would have that cost anyway.  

Edited by Antiochas III

5 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Is it weird that I'm disappointed he's staying?

All that this means is that we have a player who probably doesn't want to be here, we'll have a similar situation in a few months / year with us trying to sell him to the highest bidder - will we even get similar bids if he doesn't hit the same heights or teams have concerns over his injury?

I appreciate an injury can't be helped but, personally, I would rather we had the £3 million quid in the bank and were able to move on with building a team for next season.

I am a bit like this to be honest, then I think of Turnbull coming back and running Scottish fitba for the last 3 months of the year.

Seeing a lot of folk mention the timescale he will be out. i think it's gonna be a lot longer than folk think.

Celtic fans are anpther breed. Guys I grew up with and are generally ok when discussing fitba got really defensive when celtic's twitter/media shitshow was discussed. Then there is the two wallopers who lived in here for the last two weeks.

I got banned from twitter for a week and I am beeling that I can't go on and reply to some of the jobbers I see tweet.

More DT, let's see if we sign anyone else while in Belfast. If not, we move on