Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I was a massive fan of Turnbull earlier on in this saga, but is it possible he and his agent are full of shit and it was all about the money all along?

Motherwell could be doing with getting the deal done and being done with this now rather than have it hanging over them going into pre-season. 

That seems rather contradictory. He was blown away by what Norwich have to offer young players but feels Celtic is the better football move. Either the logic is flawed or the Record is putting out the Celtic line that they didn't make an improved offer (seeing as they said they wouldn't).

I’ve been to Norwich, no 19 yr old would want to live there. The pedestrianisation of the city centre is about as exciting as it gets

Red faces all over this thread. Or at least there should be. From all sides. Nothing like jumping on fake facts and rouge opinions just for the get it right up ye value. Embarrissing reading through last weeks worth of posts. Funny as f**k too. Boy and his agent have played a blinder here.

:lol:

Some laugh this has been. 

Safe to assume Celtic’s magnificent offer wasn't take it or leave it after all then? Sounds like he’s called Celtic’s bluff this time and they’ve come back with an improved offer.

You’ve also got the media now reporting he turned down more money at Norwich to sign for Celtic for ‘footballing reasons’- ergo he’s now no longer a money grabber. 

Fair play to his agent like, despite all the flak he’s taken over this he’s played all parties like a fiddle here. Turnbull’s got a cracking deal out of it and will still end up being painted as the good laddie who just wants to play football. 

Everyone will have their opinions on the move but as I said before, I can’t fault Turnbull really. If the boy hadn’t signed that extension in January when there were bigger offers on the table, we’d be getting about 300k for him this summer instead of 3m.

He’s looked after the club, now he’s looking out for himself, can’t really blame him for that. 

Edited by Casagolda

1 minute ago, Casagolda said:

Safe to assume Celtic’s magnificent offer wasn't take it or leave it after all then? Sounds like he’s called Celtic’s bluff this time and they’ve come back with an improved offer.

You’ve also got the media now reporting he turned down more money at Norwich to sign for Celtic for ‘footballing reasons’- ergo he’s now no longer a money grabber. 

Fair play to his agent like, despite all the flak he’s taken over this he’s played all parties like a fiddle here. In the end, Turnbull’s got a cracking deal out of it and will still end up being painted as the good laddie who just wants to play football.  

Everyone will have their opinions on the move but as I said before, I can’t fault Turnbull really. If the boy hadn’t signed that extension in January when there were bigger offers on the table, we’d be getting about 300k for him this summer instead of 3m.

He’s looked after the club, now he’s looking out for himself, can’t really blame him for that. 

Aye he does deserve credit for doing the extension. At the same time when he and his agent can point to a £3m+ signing fee he has a much better case for getting a high wage compared to being signed up as a free agent.

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

Fair play to his agent like, despite all the flak he’s taken over this he’s played all parties like a fiddle here. Turnbull’s got a cracking deal out of it and will still end up being painted as the good laddie who just wants to play football. 

100%

I mean Motherwell were getting their money either way so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

It's a bit of a shiter that it's Celtic (if that's who he finally chooses) but they're literally the only team in Scotland who can afford him and if he wants to stay at home for now then...Motherwell aren't turning down £3m + extras.

So as it stands he's got the choice of 2 clubs.

It can't even be painted as him coming crawling back to Celtic with his tail between his legs because he didn't have other options either. So either he's a money-grabber and Celtic have gone back and upped closer to the £20k p/w or it's a football decision and he's been assured he'll be getting first team games. Let's face it, it's probably both.

John McGinn really did a number on Celtic eh? They've pretty much shat themselves in public twice and still went back for DT. You'd have to be heavily on the Kool Aid to think they've played this one well.

I've been banging on about the line that he had given the impression that he saw England as his next move, there's every chance his trip to Norwich has made him reconsider whether he's actually ready for it yet. The boy is making the biggest choice of his career (to date) I'm not about to knock him.

I mentioned on the Celtic thread earlier that he's been consistent in saying he wanted to hear what options he had then make a decision. He's been true to that.

Will he be closer to the 1st team at Parkhead than Carrow Road? Did Norwich want to give him 6 months in their u23s to start with? Who knows? Actually, who even cares at this point.

Tbh, the whole thing is just an absolute fucking heidnip now.

If he ends up at Celtic everything that was said last week still stands, if he changes his mind (again) and fucks off to Norwich everything that was said the other day when Celtic #movedon still stands.

Edited by capt_oats