Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

It's like when you interview for a job you don't really want so you tell them you want a totally ridiculous wage. If they pay it, you're laughing, and if not, you just carry on as you were.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You haven't got a scooby how things work,everybody knew offers would come in after the season finished.
Turnbull was having his best ever season strike when the iron is hot is the phase.
Get more dosh for the club that gave him the platform and move on good terms with the support win win.

Where are your carers?

giphy.gif

Edited by Well Well

There will be a time in the future when Turnbull hugely regrets turning down access to Celtic's football knowledge library.
It's not the football knowledge he will miss out on. It'll be Celtic's unique will to win that no other club possesses except those with even more money than Celtic.

11 minutes ago, JohnnyReggae said:

A rather nice Taxi Driver told me this evening that Sampdoria have had a bid of 93.2m Euros accepted by MFC newco for Turnbull.

Should be a done deal.

That must be the same guy that told me he had signed for a Polish club for 19 million zlotties.

26 minutes ago, St Innes said:

This way he has a chance to do a Davie Robertson rather than a Scott Allan ending up on loan at Aberdeen or Hibs.

He ends up managing in Kashmir?

Tbh, the story all along has been that his preferred route is England. The problem here is that Celtic (as far as I know) are the only team with the money on the table and he's not convinced by them and/or doesn't really fancy them hence their offer hasn't been accepted and the decision is to see what the other options are.

The Gordon Waddell piece in the Sunday Mail today doesn't really say anything new:

However it’s believed the Scotland under-21 midfielder’s decision will be made on who’s offering him the best option to progress his playing career rather than the most cash.

That's entirely consistent with everything we've heard from Turnbull when he's talked about his plans.

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

He ends up managing in Kashmir?

Tbh, the story all along has been is that his preferred route is England. The problem here is that Celtic (as far as I know) are the only team with the money on the table and he's not convinced by them and/or doesn't really fancy them hence their offer hasn't been accepted and the decision to see what the other options are.

Wait for the meltdown when/if he goes south and his offer is not as "magnificient" as the one Celtic offered :lol: 

If the money's around the same then I reckon a mid table championship team is probably the best case scenario from our perspective. I've no idea about Sheffield Wednesday's outgoing transfers over the last few years, but you'd assume if Turnbull carries on progressing like this he's bound to end up in the Premiership eventually. More chance of getting a decent sell on fee if he's getting regular football in the Championship rather than making the leap to Southampton etc directly.

14 hours ago, nsr said:

And of course now that Turnbull is/has been a transfer target for one of the Cheeks, suddenly the BBC realise he exists and start writing articles about him.

That’s a bit unfair. Scott Mullen has been bumping him up on the website for weeks!