Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Can I just clarify I'm understanding this correctly, you want Motherwell to loan him to Bournemouth, in the hope Arsenal (or presumably another elite club in England) will offer Motherwell £30m for his services a year or two down the line?

Dons should be punting Scott McKenna out on loan to Newcastle for £5 million tbqhwy

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can I just clarify I'm understanding this correctly, you want Motherwell to loan him to Bournemouth, in the hope Arsenal (or presumably another elite club in England) will offer Motherwell £30m for his services a year or two down the line?

Please don't take this mentalist seriously.  There's a reason Motherwell fans don't respond. 

Loaning players to England in return for a bumper fee 12 months later is his magic formula.  It's a disgrace no other club, anywhere ever, has tried such a thing.

Just now, Desp said:

Please don't take this mentalist seriously.  There's a reason Motherwell fans don't respond. 

Loaning players to England in return for a bumper fee 12 months later is his magic formula.  It's a disgrace no other club, anywhere ever, has tried such a thing.

No no, I'm sure Bournemouth will be happy to oblige to pay a significant loan fee to develop a player who may or may not be any good to them in the Premier league so in a year or two Motherwell reap all the benefits.

It's golden.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No no, I'm sure Bournemouth will be happy to oblige to pay a significant loan fee to develop a player who may or may not be any good to them in the Premier league so in a year or two Motherwell reap all the benefits.

It's golden.

Aye, the concept of teams taking people on loan with a view to buy is totally alien, eh - never happens, ever.   

Dear me.  

15 minutes ago, WellView said:

Aye, the concept of teams taking people on loan with a view to buy is totally alien, eh - never happens, ever.   

Dear me.  

Do you have examples of  this?  Intrigued to see the facts behind this....

11 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

This patter about loaning players to the English Premiership has cheered me right up. I forgot how funny / ridiculous it was.

Every time it crops up in this thread it improves my whole day. Superb patter and I can only respect his commitment to the bit. 

10 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

This patter about loaning players to the English Premiership has cheered me right up. I forgot how funny / ridiculous it was.

He's seized the opportunity, with the increased traffic in the thread, to take his words of wisdom to the mainstream.

37 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

18 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

6 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Every time it crops up in this thread it improves my whole day. Superb patter and I can only respect his commitment to the bit. 

6 minutes ago, Desp said:

He's seized the opportunity, with the increased traffic in the thread, to take his words of wisdom to the mainstream.

I also love his crackpot theories. I think he might be Les Hutchinson.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I see some reports saying Micky Johnston or Lewis Morgan could be going to Motherwell on loan as part of the deal. 

Both really good players - but we'd be in the same situation as we were with Ciftci - no chance to play them against Celtic, which is a problem...

I think Johnston is a great wee player.  We're happy enough to loan players from the likes of Nottm Forest or Bury, so if we're selling players to Celtic, I see no reason why we shouldn't benefit from getting a player from them on loan for a year.

I appreciate it wouldn't be universally popular though.  I would imagine MJC's head would explode, for example.

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

Both really good players - but we'd be in the same situation as we were with Ciftci - no chance to play them against Celtic, which is a problem...

I do get that point, but having a very good player (as I believe Johnston is) available for 34/35 games a season is better than not having a very good player for 38 games.  Games against Celtic don't really define our season, tbf.

As for Lewis Morgan, is there any evidence of this guy being any good?  He excelled in the Scottish Championship but that's it.  Did he play much at Sunderland?