Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, Handsome John said:

Wait for the outrage when it doesn’t appear on the next set of issues accounts as this transaction will take place after the end of the club’s accounting period (31 May)!!

With regards to the talk of release clause, it may not be contractual between the club and player. I imagine that an agreed figure would have been spoken about with the expectation that extras would be included. 

Tbf it will appear in the next set of accounts. It'll be in the section titled 'Events After The Reporting Date'.

I sincerely hope it's the £3M we said we would hold out for and not an 'undisclosed fee' which would hint at us being shafted.

He was always going to go but it's all the more annoying that it's to that particular club, and if he does indeed end up there then in all honesty f**k him, I hope his career ends in failure.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've missed an opportunity and you know it. £3m is a lot, but hes worth more. You'll now have to suffer him scoring against you for the next decade.

Do you have any examples of a club selling a player for the same, or more, than the yearly turnover of the club? 

Since you have this mythical value in your head. How much did you sell him for in your FM game? 

As @Casagolda absolutely nails above , £3M is a tremendous amount for the club to bank , completes our quest to become debt free , and helps secure the club's short to mid term future .

A lot of people have lost sight of that and are having very public meltdowns and digs at the club , when they have no idea of any clauses or gentleman's agreements which may have been put in place when the bold Div signed his contract extension , or how any release clause or acceptable bid amount was set .

I will be gutted to see the boy go , and particularly if it does indeed end up being to another team in the same league , but I'm also comfortable that Mr Burrows et al will have done , and continue to do their utmost to get the best deals they can for our players .

Still got my fingers crossed the Celtic talks fall in their arse and he heads off down south right enough .

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

I sincerely hope it's the £3M we said we would hold out for and not an 'undisclosed fee' which would hint at us being shafted.

He was always going to go but it's all the more annoying that it's to that particular club, and if he does indeed end up there then in all honesty f**k him, I hope his career ends in failure.

Firstly, with regards to an undisclosed fee, no it does not mean we've been shafted. 

Secondly, with regards to your last point, grow up. 

10 minutes ago, MJC said:

Any  chance you could PM me your address, as I'm thinking of popping round and kicking your c**t in.

Edited by Doctor Manhattan
Sorry, neglected to post the accompanying video in a half-hearted attempt to leaven the actual comment.

1 minute ago, Desp said:

Firstly, with regards to an undisclosed fee, no it does not mean we've been shafted. 

Secondly, with regards to your last point, grow up. 

I'm as grown up as I'm ever going to be. I don't hide my views on that particular club and I reiterate, if David Turnbull ends up there then f**k him, I will wish him nothing but failure.

I'm as grown up as I'm ever going to be. I don't hide my views on that particular club and I reiterate, if David Turnbull ends up there then f**k him, I will wish him nothing but failure.
Which would be worse for Motherwell... You want players you've developed to be a success wherever they end up. It helps attract talented youngsters in the future. It is likely to get you more cash for your young players going forward.

I honestly get not wanting to sell to Celtic or Rangers, my clubs done it multiple times. But wanting the players your club has developed to fail (unless they have utterly shafted you, which Turnbull hasn't) is a nonsense.

18 minutes ago, MJC said:

I'm not convinced that we've got full value from this- but to wish a boy, whose attitude has been spot on, to fail is shite patter. Doubly so as we presumably stand to gain if he does well and gets an actual decent move next time....

3 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Which would be worse for Motherwell... You want players you've developed to be a success wherever they end up. It helps attract talented youngsters in the future. It is likely to get you more cash for your young players going forward.

I honestly get not wanting to sell to Celtic or Rangers, my clubs done it multiple times. But wanting the players your club has developed to fail (unless they have utterly shafted you, which Turnbull hasn't) is a nonsense.

It honestly makes no difference to me whatsoever what happens once a player has left Motherwell FC, I support the club not any particular player so what happens once they leave us doesn't really matter to me. In this case, it's a player signing for what is my (to put it lightly) least favourite club so I certainly don't wish him any success in his career with them. David Turnbull is a very good player who in all likelihood will do well at the club he's likely to be joining, but I certainly don't wish him well there. Had he gone anywhere else I would still have been gutted to see him go but I would have wished him well, though my interest in his career path would end in the same way it would with any other players who leave Motherwell.

Not at our demand.  A release clause is just that.  A release clause.  Why would Celtic offer cash that automatically active his release then offer above that?

Depends on the wording, remember a few years back arsenal offered £1 over the release clause to talk to Suárez and Liverpool told them no. Pretty sure it was something to do with them informing him of their interest but not we must sell at that price.

1 minute ago, thisGRAEME said:

Shiter.

World will probably continue to turn.

All aboard the Allan Campbell lifting the Scottish cup bus. 

Exactly, we've lost players to bigger clubs before and it'll happen again. Consign Turnbull to the history books and move on.

7 minutes ago, MJC said:

Exactly, we've lost players to bigger clubs before and it'll happen again. Consign Turnbull to the history books and move on.

Please do not include me in your crackpot views.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Please do not include me in your crackpot views.

Thank you.

I don't think there was anything crackpot about saying move on and consign a former player to the history books to be honest. In any event it was you who said that the world will keep turning, not me. My views on the player joining Celtic are nothing to do with anyone other than myself and I don't claim to speak for anyone else.

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Rumour going about that we're after Hastie on a season long loan

That'd be a sore one if true, we should be in there for Hastie if he's going to be punted out on loan.