Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

27 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Aye, I'd been quite looking forward to Polworth then remembered he lines up next to Super Joe. 

To be fair to Chalmers, the Championship looks to be his level. Some of his deliveries into the box last night were pretty decent and he didn't look too bad defensively, although I suppose that's to be expected when he doesn't have Zak fucking Jules alongside him.

11 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

To be fair to Chalmers, the Championship looks to be his level. Some of his deliveries into the box last night were pretty decent and he didn't look too bad defensively, although I suppose that's to be expected when he doesn't have Zak fucking Jules alongside him.

I often wonder if I was too harsh on Super Joe. Considering the Dundee debacle had a defensive unit with Samson, McMillan, Heneghan and Jules in there beside him. 

Then I remember that on multiple occasions we'd have been better digging a hole at left back instead of him. 

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Oh aye, this wasn't aimed as a criticism of Super Joe at all. He's a lovely, lovely big lad and I'm so glad someones figured out what to do with him. 

7 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I often wonder if I was too harsh on Super Joe. Considering the Dundee debacle had a defensive unit with Samson, McMillan, Heneghan and Jules in there beside him. 

Then I remember that on multiple occasions we'd have been better digging a hole at left back instead of him. 

He couldn't, and can't, tackle. Why someone decided he was a defender is absolutely beyond me. Stick him somewhere to use that wand of a left foot and figure the rest out.

Yeah Chalmers is never a defender in a million years.  He's a left footed CM and we get some decent performances from him in that role.  We tried him at LB for the first 2 games of last season and Robbo has never played him there since. 

5 minutes ago, Stonegiant said:

That's Shea Gordon off to Thistle permantly. 

There’s definitely a player there, but until he finds a way to actually turn up in more than 20% of his matches, he would never have got near your first team.

14 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Probably would help if his legs weren't made of cardboard.

That's it innit. I just double-checked, he made his debut in the season we signed him 16/17 which was Jacob Blyth-era Motherwell. He was around the squad for 9 games and made 3 appearances then missed most of the next season with injury (and missed a chunk of this season too from what I can tell).

He can't help the injuries, but ultimately he needs games and he's not going to get in our midfield ahead of Ballon d'or or Campbell. Semple's probably ahead of him at the moment too now. 

Good luck to him like. Hope he does well at Thistle.

13 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Saw a few tweets bemoaning the fact we let him go. Really?

People are fucking weird.

Edited by capt_oats

28 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Saw a few tweets bemoaning the fact we let him go. Really?

We have fans bemoaning the release of Aaron Comrie. Youth players really cloud the judgement of even the most sensible supporters.

on that note, have Motherwell let anyone go in the last, say 20 years that we have regretted? Is lawless the only one who you'd be inclined to say could probably have done a job for us at one point.

also after listening to Si ferry's interview with Steven Fletcher, I had no idea he was on the books with us before Hibs.

32 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

on that note, have Motherwell let anyone go in the last, say 20 years that we have regretted? Is lawless the only one who you'd be inclined to say could probably have done a job for us at one point.

also after listening to Si ferry's interview with Steven Fletcher, I had no idea he was on the books with us before Hibs.

I never knew that Fletcher was with us either. Hopefully nobody on Well Fans II has picked up on this.