Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Are we nearing the stage where Aldred and Cadden signing a deal/new deal is pretty unlikely? Would have thought there would have been movement by this point.

That really just leaves Frear and McHugh on the maybe list.  I was considering this the other day and I think all four of these guys have been very good for us at stages in their time here, but with that being said I've kinda come to the conclusion it's time for Frear and McHugh to move on. 

Thoughts?

Need to stop trying to multi-task, that was a cluster-f**k of a post. 

Edited by AndyRoss

I dreamed last night that Frear scored a hat-trick for us. For the 3rd goal the entire crowd were screaming at him not to use his left foot, so he used his right and it flew on.

On that evidence, I suggest we offer him a record deal.

Just now, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Even though they would better your team?

Yes...the Old Firm are a blot on the footballing and societal landscape of Scotland, f**k the pair of them. If Middleton or Johnston get released then I'd be more than happy to take them.

2 minutes ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

Yes...the Old Firm are a blot on the footballing and societal landscape of Scotland, f**k the pair of them. If Middleton or Johnston get released then I'd be more than happy to take them.

giphy.gif.a0be72b6ba09889f95a571fc7c62319f.gif

1 minute ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Maybe just pity the majority in the provincial towns still head to those places in droves on a Sat leaving Fir Park one man and his dog

But it's okay we know there only most people's second teams anyway

Is this some form of Pidgin English?

1 hour ago, AndyRoss said:

Are we nearing the stage where Aldred and Cadden signing a deal/new deal is pretty unlikely? Would have thought there would have been movement by this point.

That really just leaves Frear and McHugh on the maybe list.  I was considering this the other day and I think all four of these guys have been very good for us at stages in their time here, but with that being said I've kinda come to the conclusion it's time for Frear and McHugh to move on. 

Thoughts?

Need to stop trying to multi-task, that was a cluster-f**k of a post. 

I think Cadden's the interesting one tbh. It really depends what he wants to do. He was previously linked with Millwall and Wigan while Cardiff and Hull were mentioned as well. We knocked back a £450k offer from Oxford on deadline day and that's before you get to the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts and (lol) Rangers.

It's a bit of a step down to just settle on a Doncaster-type.

If we've offered him 2 years on a substantial salary bump (as has been hinted) then that gives him a bit of freedom to be good again or as he put it “get my performances back up to the level that I know I can." and aim a little higher than Doncaster (again, if that's what he wants). It also takes the Development Compensation off the table completely which seems to have been an obstacle for the like of Hearts in terms of what they're willing to pay.

2 years from the club's POV means that they're not running the risk of just giving him away in January Reynolds/Murphy-style. 

Hastie moving on, which I don't think anyone saw coming leaves a space in the side for Cadden to slot straight into, but it's also interesting that we've been giving him time at RB in both games he's started recently.

I thought it was pretty much a given that Aldred was off and I can't see Frear sticking around for loads of reasons (most obvious being that he's only started 4 league games this season).

McHugh, clearly isn't first pick but he gives cover at CB and he's a good player to have around the squad IMO. I'd guess it really depends what his other options are, I'm not sure how real that Asian link is.

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

Is this some form of Pidgin English?

Hes a troll, just ignore him until he goes away.

1 minute ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Glasgow voted yes to by the way to address your wee sneary jibe so maybe the society thing you go on about which is bad gets bussed in to Glasgow to just a educated guess 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cd4182b45707a2e6b

24 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Maybe just pity the majority in the provincial towns still head to those places in droves on a Sat leaving Fir Park one man and his dog

Obviously there are factors which skew the figures a bit (fans coming from elsewhere, what is actually classed as Motherwell etc...however the same could be said for every club so it cancels itself out a bit) but the home attendance at Fir Park as a percentage of the population of Motherwell is the highest of any club in Scotland, and one of the highest in the UK, but thanks for your concern all the same.

Edited by Al B

The only two I really wanted to keep were Ally Gorrin and Hastie. The latter has already signed for somebody else and the former’s agent seems to be punting his name about here, there and everywhere- so we can assume he’s away as well.

The rest? I’d just bin those offers now to be honest. The likes of Frear, Main and McHugh for a multitude of reasons probably won’t sign on again and with the greatest of respect, none of them are irreplaceable or worth hanging about waiting on.

Would love to keep Aldred and probably Ariyibi as well but I’d imagine both would be well outwith our budget. Obviously you’d have to keep Cadden’s offer on the table for compensation purposes but other than that, I’d be saying our thank you’s and moving onto other targets.  

57 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Is this because we didn't want to loan two OF players? :lol:

29 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Ally Gorrin now linked with Barnsley, Rotherham, Oxford and Fleetwood. Absolutely fair fucks to him and his agent btw.

I'd totally given up hope with Gorrin to be honest. Barnsley in the Championship next season, would be a decent move for him in terms of potential earnings especially. 

Just now, AndyRoss said:

Is this because we didn't want to loan two OF players? :lol:

You dont decide your manager does and im sure he would take them if he could both are great players exactly what you need and a upgrade in the posistion than anything you got including Cadden who would prob slot in at right back if he stayed 

Just now, AndyRoss said:

I'd totally given up hope with Gorrin to be honest. Barnsley in the Championship next season, would be a decent move for him in terms of potential earnings especially. 

Aye,  I mean in fairness to him, by the end of December he'd played 329 mins in the league. You couldn't blame him if he'd been looking for an exit, even in January.

To go from that to his post-break form where he's been virtually an ever present and is potentially looking at offers from Championship clubs for the summer is wild.

11 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

You dont decide your manager does and im sure he would take them if he could both are great players exactly what you need and a upgrade in the posistion than anything you got including Cadden who would prob slot in at right back if he stayed 

Damn!