Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Sitting behind big Mick in Starbucks and he seems to be studying and writing an essay on military tactics and the history of warfare. Think our boys are in for a tough international break!

Was it Sun Tzu's "How to win the second ball and what to do with it"? A classic.

We've just scored 3+ goals in consecutive league games for the first time since March 2014. If this trend continues- I see no reason why it won't- we can expect the Claret and Amber machine to rattle in around 108 this season.

Ominous for the rest of the league imo.

10 minutes ago, nsr said:

But how many broken bones will our hammer throwers inflict on other teams' players? Surely that's the real question.

Well now the SFA don't punish it I'm expecting scenes like Saving Private Ryan when we come to town.

Edited by well fan for life

37 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

New podcast with Alan Burrows online now - https://www.mfc1886.com/mfc-podcast-2018-19-episode-9/

Just listening to it - great stuff so far. Having a Chief Exec of a younger generation than the norm, who clearly understands how to communicate in the social media era is a really good thing. Smaller clubs will never get in-depth coverage in the established media and you learn more in this sort of chat than you ever would have done in the past.

10 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Hunners of good stuff in there.

Agreed lots of interesting behind the scenes stuff for those that are interested in that type of thing. 

When 'Flow was going on about ground improvements and making it better every year, I was desperate to hear Andy ask him about the longer term. As CEO, 'Flow has a responsibility for strategic stuff too I'd guess and I'm interested in how long it makes sense to "make do and mend" with the current setup at Fir Park and when we are going to have to do something more substantial.

Apart from quite enjoying pictures of the really good examples of small stadiums that you see (and imagining them with Claret and amber seats), I'm not really into the idea of leaving Fir Park - but I'd assume there will come a point where we need to do a major redevelopment as per Hearts and Hibs or move out - and it would be interesting to hear a club view (if they have one) of when that point is likely to come.

Ibrox and Parkhead are the only Premiership grounds I don't go to in a normal season - the chances of me being there for Poppyfest are particularly slim.

The Loving Cup ceremony during the cup game a couple of years back had me waking up in a cold sweat for months - seeing Falkland veterans with sashes on abseiling off the govan stand to Simply the Best would finish me.

First goal is some hit from the boy but the 2nd is possibly even better, a really well worked team goal. 

The vision/composure shown by Turnbull in particular at the winner is delightful, that Dundee centre back is probably still rolling about Dens looking for the ball as we speak.

Ibrox and Parkhead are the only Premiership grounds I don't go to in a normal season - the chances of me being there for Poppyfest are particularly slim.
The Loving Cup ceremony during the cup game a couple of years back had me waking up in a cold sweat for months - seeing Falkland veterans with sashes on abseiling off the govan stand to Simply the Best would finish me.

Now there are some weird goings on in Govan, but the Loving Cup is window licking mental.

The celebrations at Moult' s goal that day were some of the biggest #scenes I've ever seen. If we (Stephen McManus) hadn't utterly bottled it after then it'd probably be one of those games yer da tells everyone about for decades after. 

In hindsight though, that result was also probably the beginning of the end of Mark McGhee's Motherwell career, so not all bad.