Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

27 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Stephen Robinson can bully whoever he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Shame you feel that way. May be tongue in cheek but this is sadly serious accusation.  

Most people have been bullied physically or verbally at some point in their lives.  I was verbally by a previous boss, but I just thought he was a dickhead and despite my anger at the time you move on.  Some people are not as thick-skinned.

Hopefully there is less in it than appears. I suspect the situation at Oldham - where if I recall Robbo received a death threat ! put him and others under quite a bit of pressure. There might be nothing or something in it. We will probably never know.

7 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Why is it possibly a non-issue? Are you suggesting the guy made it up?

Possible because "innocent until proven guilty" is surely the right way to go - especially as none of us  know the facts of the matter.

7 hours ago, AndyRoss said:

BBC story:

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson has refused to comment on allegations of bullying at former club Oldham.

A former player at Boundary Park, where Robinson worked from July 2016 to January 2017, made the claims on social media.

BBC Scotland understands the Fir Park club believe the tweets, made in response to a suicide prevention campaign, are defamatory.

"I can't talk about it at this moment in time," said Robinson.

And neither he should comment on these "allegations" and neither should the club. Because at this point in time they are just that - allegations. Both SR and the club have responded to this in the correct manner so far.

There's a very dodgy line between what's actually bullying and what isn't these days. 

Theres been apprentice mechanics who claimed they've been bullied by their bosses purely because they're told to sweep the floor first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

Id be loathe to instantly decry anyone who's been in the game as long as Robinson has, without any issues, based on one persons perspective. 

12 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Why is it possibly a non-issue? Are you suggesting the guy made it up?

Possibly.

5 hours ago, Swello said:

Possible because "innocent until proven guilty" is surely the right way to go - especially as none of us  know the facts of the matter.

This. 

DioU6U9XUAAnB12.jpg

Edit: No Bigi again I see. That's with Robinson saying the other day that everyone was fit.

On the whole Salford thing, it's reminded me that I'm pretty sure Graham Alexander was sat behind me at the 1-5 game against St Johnstone at Fir Park.

Edited by capt_oats

The reault today was what i was exactly fearing. 

Both games we have been really good in the first half, then completely shit the bed in the second.

We really ahould have won the game today, yet they miss 4 out of 6 penalties.  Thats is avbsolutely terrible.

8 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Failed former Valencia manager Gary Neville seems a bit rattled.

Saw some of his comments and was scratching my head given the man he spent his entire playing career under was quite happy to mouth off at the ‘noisy neighbours’ and Real Madrid to mention a few.

Edited by gannonball

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

Saw some of his comments and was scratching my head given the man he spent his entire playing career under was quite happy to mouth off at the ‘noisy neighbours’ and Real Madrid to mention a few.

The truth hurts - the Accrington Stanley chairman nailed it 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gary-nevilles-incredible-exchange-accrington-12952295 

By the way, I'd like to thank the *Well fans on this thread for not indulging in the sickening, repellent reaction to yesterdays ( admittedly disappointing result ) against Stranraer that we see in the other place.  I read one page, including part of a post by our resident football expert, and that was enough.  New season resolution, I'm not reading that forum again. 

Anyway, the last line of that plums post I read before shutting down was "atrocious youth development." 

Really? Cadden ( £450,000 bid knocked back ) followed by Campbell? 

McGuire, Turnbull and Scott all now de facto first team squad players? 

I swear Ya Bezzer will not be happy until we are relegated, and Kipre released on a free. 

He doesn't know how to be a supporter. 

People are entitled to their views. He does make validate points. 

For me the signings have been wrong. Robbinson has filled the squad for players that are much the same.

We were crying it for pace and creativity. For me that was should have been sorted. 

We play a certain way which is long ball. It is not pretty on the eye. We did have great completions however our league form was poor for periods.

Robbinson mentioned yesterday about it is hard to break teams down. A midfield containing McHugh, Grimshaw and Cadden won't do that. Bigi seems to be right out the picture.

McHugh was poor last season caught on the ball alot. Subbed earlier at the cup final with one of the poorest performances I have seen a player have. Yet he has still played the two games so far.

The signing of Sammon is a strange one. Very similar to the players we have and stunts the development of young players like James Scott.

Robbinson done a great job in redeveloping the squad after the McGhee shambles.  However it can be draining watching long ball football. He has one way to play and that seems to be it. 

Big season for him. The good faith the fans have in him will soon disappear. Signings like Sammon don't help. 

7 hours ago, WellView said:

Anyway, the last line of that plums post I read before shutting down was "atrocious youth development." 

How many have been involved so far this  season? 

Cause we’ve already used 19 different players so far in just 2 games and those 3 you mentioned haven’t had a sniff. We had 1 member of our youth system in our 18 man squad yesterday and he made his debut under Stuart McCall over 4 years ago.  

Personally, the whole improve 12-19 thing this summer doesn’t sit well with me. We’ve now got a bloated squad with over 20 senior players but still carry a lot of the same underlying problems as last season. 

Lack of pace, lack of guile, lack of creativity etc all on show again yesterday. Plus, our own youngsters are pushed further down the pecking order as a result. David Turnbull for example was excellent in his 2 starts towards the tail end of last season, wasn’t even in the squad yesterday.

Just my opinion mind and fully understand other may think differently. Personally though I’d rather see us run with a smaller squad fleshed out by some of our youth players instead of just filling our squad with more of the same type of player.

Yesterday you had Ross Maclean scoring for Morton and Jake Hastie putting in by all accounts an excellent performance(including winning a penalty) for Alloa while our final sub was taking Conor Sammon off and putting on Ryan Bowman. Talk about rearranging the deck chairs on The titanic. 

8 hours ago, WellView said:

By the way, I'd like to thank the *Well fans on this thread for not indulging in the sickening, repellent reaction to yesterdays ( admittedly disappointing result ) against Stranraer that we see in the other place.  I read one page, including part of a post by our resident football expert, and that was enough.  New season resolution, I'm not reading that forum again. 

I swear Ya Bezzer will not be happy until we are relegated, and Kipre released on a free. 

He doesn't know how to be a supporter. 

Sigh.  Here we go.

Cadden came into the team as a regular season four seasons ago.  The manager then brought two youth players into the side, gave them a run of games and we finished Top 6.

The same manager introduced Campbell to the first team.

Robinson has not brought through a single youth player into the first team side unless you count Campbell who had, as I mentioned, already made his debut and who only got into the team after the plethora of midfielders Robinson signed, presumably as first team players, all failed and Campbell almost single handedly turned the team round after a couple of sub appearances.  

As of present, Maguire (note correct spelling), Turnbull and Scott have played a combined total of 0 minutes this season despite us playing lower league sides where inexperienced players could be given game time.  The fact that they have 0 minutes between them surely shows that they are not really part of Robinsons plan  otherwise they would have got game time for fitness reasons alone.  Note virtually ever other player in the squad has game time after two matches except long term injuries, the 3rd choice keeper and the 5th choice striker (plus Bigirimana).

It's my opinion that the chances of 17, 18, 19 year old players coming through our system into the first team under Robinson are extremely limited.  If it happens I will be delighted to be proved wrong.  As of present it's not happened.

As for not knowing how to be a supporter I got up at 7am yesterday to go to Stranraer and got home at midnight.  Since there were only about 500 supporters there, ie, the vast majority of our support didn't go,  I'd suggest I know how to support the team better than most.  I'd also note that unlike most of the support at Stair Park I didn't boo the team after 90 minutes.

Every criticism I make is with a view to examining how the team can be improved.  My first match was in 1982.  I go to 30 - 40 matches every year.  I'm not rich.  I'd probably have £30,000 extra in the bank if I wasn't a supporter.  There are lots of things I'd like to do that I put on the back burner because football takes priority.  The fact that I put a lot of money, time and energy into supporting my team gives me the right to give my opinion on what I see at matches. 

Rather than not knowing how to support the team I'm actually one of our stalwart supporters.  If you don't like my opinions, fine, but please don't be a baby about it. 

Edited by Ya Bezzer!