Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Shite Northern English towns- lock up your National League sides, because you're getting bodied left right and centre by the Claret and Amber friendly machine 8)

Nailed on loss to dunfermline to set the frillies pishing. 

37 minutes ago, Swello said:

Massively disappointed that there aren't a slew of "he'll no dae" posts on Steelmen after ATS got done for their goal TBH.

Just wait for the highlights to be released...

Big ups James Scott as well.

That's a lovely finish for the 5th. He got 25 mins and scored, if Robinson's looking for the younger players to make an impact then it's hard to argue against that. Going by the Twitter feed he had a chance not long after he was on the park as well.

I'm not reading too much into it (I totally am) but I noticed that Newell was the only outfield player not used off the bench, unless the Twitter feed didn't report it. Turnbull, Dunne, Frear, McHugh, Maguire, Bigi, Scott and Brown were all used. Nothing against Newell but it feels like Scott's making a pretty strong case for being ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment.

Edited by capt_oats

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Big ups James Scott as well.

That's a lovely finish for the 5th. He got 25 mins and scored, if Robinson's looking for the younger players to make an impact then it's hard to argue against that. Going by the Twitter feed he had a chance not long after he was on the park as well.

I'm not reading too much into it (I totally am) but I noticed that Newell was the only outfield player not used off the bench, unless the Twitter feed didn't report it. Turnbull, Dunne, Frear, McHugh, Maguire, Bigi, Scott and Brown were all used. Nothing against Newell but it feels like Scott's making a pretty strong case for being ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment.

Scott’s finish was great, Johnson’s too and Bowman’s wasn’t exactly easy either. Wasn’t Newell rumoured to be going out on Loan? Might be that we’ll keep Scott for coming off the bench this season and send Newell out to hopefully get a consistent run of games.

13 minutes ago, CSmith said:

Scott’s finish was great, Johnson’s too and Bowman’s wasn’t exactly easy either. Wasn’t Newell rumoured to be going out on Loan? Might be that we’ll keep Scott for coming off the bench this season and send Newell out to hopefully get a consistent run of games.

Dumbarton were rumoured to have wanted Newell on loan. It was reported around the time the mention of Hastie to Alloa originally appeared. Robinson indicated at the time that there were a few loans for the younger players lined up.

I 100% agree that a regular run of games would do Newell good but regardless of that I'd say that if we were going to keep a player around as cover then Scott's not doing his case any harm pinging in goals like that.

Given Robinson was saying in his interview the other day that he's after another striker then it's almost guaranteed that at least one of the younger forwards will be going out on loan.

Edited by capt_oats

I like what I’ve seen of Scott but with 3 senior strikers already on the books and Robinson looking to bring in another shortly, you’d have to imagine his game time next season being fairly limited. I’d be more inclined to let him go out and get some regular first team football next season rather than live off the odd 10 mins here or there for us. 

On Newell, while I thought he did alright whenever I seen him last season, at his age and with his injury problems I’m not sure a new contract with us is really going to benefit either him or us in the long run. 

Bit like Shea Gordon who also got a new contract despite being about 10th choice central midfielder at the club, only to then be loaned out for the duration of it. 

With the 2018-19 season looming on the horizon, Sparra is joined by Graham Barnstaple and Andrew Paterson to look ahead to what the campaign will bring, transfer activity in and out, preview the upcoming Betfred League Cup fixtures and much more.

http://www.mfc1886.com/mfc-podcast-2018-19-episode-1/

Edited by AndyRoss

And it was very much onside  ! Great pass through and should have been another goal. Was directly in line and from the balcony with an elevated view it was a case for VAR as perfectly,good goal. 

Decent work out and good away support for a Sunday in Darlington. 

I was impressed with Gorrin. Clear to see he is a cultured footballer but tough to judge anyone on that game as the opposition was akin to our 2nd division and / or unfit plus two of their better players were I believe at a wedding.  Taylor Sinclair did get skinned on the line and was even more worrying is his starting postition was in front of the player. Only 1 game however and fitness is more important ahead of the Betfred cup games. 

Final word on the away kit - really liked the look of it and the one I will go for. Big Cedric just looked like a model with his on. Big handsome bugger that he is. Good to see him back in a Well top as I suspect it won’t be for long. 

Their two best players were away on a stag do!  

Good work out for the lads and Bowman going up against a 15 year old boy for the last 10 minutes.  :lol:

Excellent listening to the management team talking the guys through the game.  Lasley telling Scott to jump when going for a ball as well. 

One thing that stuck out though was the size difference between their teens and ours (Scott)  

I see Aberdeen have cancelled a friendly due to ‘fitness concerns’. Struggling to remember a pre-season where we’ve been as strong in terms of depth, I know we may lose one or two, but it seems like our summer business gives us real options to mix things up.