Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

There's more to that Tait/ Osama Bin Laden story surely? Still in awe at that revelation tbh.

It was a belter.

Reminds me of this Dom Jolly tale. 

However, Taits story trumps that and I’m surprised the tabloids haven’t picked up on it yet (not that I know of) as it’s the sort of tale they love.

Noticed in the QoS thread that Adam Livingstone was playing in their 2-2 draw with Annan and also saw that Shea Gordon has played in Thistle's recent bounce games. They were both offered new deals with us and they've been included in our squad lists but AFAIK there's been no official confirmations about them signing unlike, for example, Barry Maguire.

I doubt we could name them in our squad list if they weren't signed though.

Robinson confirmed in his interview a couple of weeks back that we had loan deals lined up for a few of the younger players so with MacLean already out at Morton I take it Livingstone and Gordon are next for loans. A trial period prior to a loan deal seems a bit of a new thing though. That said, if it means that there's a better chance of them signing and getting game time then I'm all for it.

Thomas seemed to do alright at QoS and I'd imagine there's probably a pretty good relationship between Craigan and Archibald so you'd hope that both would be good fits for the players if the deals happen. Either way both Livingstone and Gordon definitely need games at this stage in their development.

Edited by capt_oats

Probably for the best.

We must have over 20 senior first team players at the minute, that’s excluding the likes of Maguire, Livingstone, Gordon, Turnbull, Hastie, Scott etc who’ve been involved with the first team before. 

Unless there’s some major casualties coming, first team opportunities are probably going to be fairly limited for U20’s again this season. 

9 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Noticed in the QoS thread that Adam Livingstone was playing in their 2-2 draw with Annan and also saw that Shea Gordon has played in Thistle's recent bounce games. They were both offered new deals with us and they've been included in our squad lists but AFAIK there's been no official confirmations about them signing unlike, for example, Barry Maguire.

I doubt we could name them in our squad list if they weren't signed though.

Robinson confirmed in his interview a couple of weeks back that we had loan deals lined up for a few of the younger players so with MacLean already out at Morton I take it Livingstone and Gordon are next for loans. A trial period prior to a loan deal seems a bit of a new thing though. That said, if it means that there's a better chance of them signing and getting game time then I'm all for it.

Thomas seemed to do alright at QoS and I'd imagine there's probably a pretty good relationship between Craigan and Archibald so you'd hope that both would be good fits for the players if the deals happen. Either way both Livingstone and Gordon definitely need games at this stage in their development.

James Scott, Barry McGuire, Shea Gordon and Adam Livingstone all signed one-year extensions on or around 21 June.   

http://www.mfc1886.com/mfc-podcast-lets-look-back-2012-13/

Sparra and Busta are joined by Keith Lasley to look back at the 2012-13 season, a campaign of many highs including Champions League football coming to Fir Park, James McFadden returning to the club, securing second spot as well as both Michael Higdon and Stuart McCall triumphing at the end of season awards.

We also get an insight on how Keith feels the team are shaping up ahead of the new Scottish Premiership season.

Due to sound issues in sections of the podcast, some of Sparra’s audio had to be re-recorded, we have spent a number of hours trying to fix these issues and hope it in no way spoils your enjoyment of this episode.

16 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

http://www.mfc1886.com/mfc-podcast-lets-look-back-2012-13/

Sparra and Busta are joined by Keith Lasley to look back at the 2012-13 season, a campaign of many highs including Champions League football coming to Fir Park, James McFadden returning to the club, securing second spot as well as both Michael Higdon and Stuart McCall triumphing at the end of season awards.

We also get an insight on how Keith feels the team are shaping up ahead of the new Scottish Premiership season.

Due to sound issues in sections of the podcast, some of Sparra’s audio had to be re-recorded, we have spent a number of hours trying to fix these issues and hope it in no way spoils your enjoyment of this episode.

Incel podcast, 2018

Edited by WellView

Anyway, we got a bit of chat from Las on how pre-season was going, seems very happy with how things are shaping up - all but Craig Tanner fit and ready to go.

He didn’t rule out a few more transfers in either, praising the work of Martin Foyle and Robbo for getting their business done early.

well_2295156b.jpg

Some team like, a joy to watch when they were in full flow- pumping Celtic 3-1 at Fir Park(going on 4 or 5) the week after Lennon spat the dummy about POTY nominations which prompted Higdon’s infamous celebration was a particular high point for me.

Having said that, I’d still strongly fancy Robinson’s lot to absolutely body them in a one off game.   

Edited by Casagolda

54 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

well_2295156b.jpg

Some team like, a joy to watch when they were in full flow- pumping Celtic 3-1 at Fir Park(going on 4 or 5) the week after Lennon spat the dummy about POTY nominations which prompted Higdon’s infamous celebration was a particular high point for me.

Having said that, I’d still strongly fancy Robinson’s lot to absolutely body them in a one off game.   

I'd definitely pay to see Michael Higdon v Peter Hartley.

18 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

A centre back pairing of Shaun Hutchinson and Peter Hartley would be gloriously mad

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

Higgy top binning it from 25 takes Hartley out the discussion completely.

2 hours ago, Casagolda said:

well_2295156b.jpg

In a meaningless league game I'd expect that team to gub us now. If it was a cup game Robinson's shithouses would run over the top of them.

Randolph

Kipré  Hartley  Hutchinson

Hateley Cadden Campbell Law  Hammell

Higdon  Main 

:wub: :wub:

Can you imagine?  Keep that team fit and we're winning the league.

3 minutes ago, Desp said:

Randolph

Kipré  Hartley  Hutchinson

Hateley Cadden Campbell Law  Hammell

Higdon  Main 

:wub: :wub:

Can you imagine?  Keep that team fit and we're winning the league.

Not a chance i'd have Hateley over Tait.