Jump to content
Casagolda

Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Recommended Posts

What if he signed a 3 year contract and led us to two more finals
There's a big difference between signing a three year contract and being tied to a club because of the development fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'd take issue with the claim that Cadden led us to either cup final.

That was just the way I phrased it, the point is that there are more options than selling him on before a development fee is all we are left with.  There are others who we may be better placed to make some money from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter how often I hear it I cannot believe that is Grimmy's real voice.

 

He's defo like a bit parter fae This Is England.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Carson in the squad for the friendly against Crusaders today. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen him in any of the training videos from Ireland.

 

Edit: no Cadden either. Could just be extra rest because of him being away with Scotland as he’s definitely over in Ireland or could be related to the recent rumours...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going by that team it's:

Gillespie
Tait Maguire Hartley ATS
Brown McHugh Bigi
Turnbull
Bowman Newell

It's 4 central midfielders in there anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Going by that team it's:
Gillespie
Tait Maguire Hartley ATS
Brown McHugh Bigi
Turnbull
Bowman Newell
It's 4 central midfielders in there anyway...


Maybe Mchugh in at CB in a 3 with Brown, Turnbull and Bigi in midfield?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dezz said:

Maybe Mchugh in at CB in a 3 with Brown, Turnbull and Bigi in midfield?

Could be.

Would seem odd to bump McHugh out of his "preferred" position but equally there are that many centre mids at the club just now it wouldn't be a surprise if Robinson had sat McHugh down and had a 'chat' with him about possibly being more flexible with where he's being played this season.

Edited by capt_oats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Could be.
Would seem odd to bump McHugh out of his "preferred" position but equally there are that many centre mids at the club just now it wouldn't be a surprise if Robinson had sat McHugh down and had a 'chat' with him about possibly being more flexible with where he's being played this season.


That was my thinking. He didn’t have a great year in the middle of the park last year and with the increased competition and SR’s comments on ‘more ownership of the ball in the middle of the park’ it wouldn’t seem like to much of a stretch that a chat along the lines you mention has been had.

I know it’s only a friendly but you can’t beat that feeling of another MFC season kicking off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dezz said:

That was my thinking. He didn’t have a great year in the middle of the park last year and with the increased competition and SR’s comments on ‘more ownership of the ball in the middle of the park’ it wouldn’t seem like to much of a stretch that a chat along the lines you mention has been had.

I know it’s only a friendly but you can’t beat that feeling of another MFC season kicking off!

Aye, with Aldred having left and McHugh a capable enough centre half it could easily be the case that we're looking for him to provide the depth/cover rather than bring a new centre half in (acknowledging the Donnelly signing of course).

Given the complaints/concerns/observations about lack of creativity etc it seems notable (yes, it's a friendly) that he's got Bigi and Turnbull both in the starting XI. 

Edited by capt_oats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dezz said:

No Carson in the squad for the friendly against Crusaders today. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen him in any of the training videos from Ireland.

 

Edit: no Cadden either. Could just be extra rest because of him being away with Scotland as he’s definitely over in Ireland or could be related to the recent rumours...

Most of the youngsters at the Toulon have been given an extra rest from their clubs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Most of the youngsters at the Toulon have been given an extra rest from their clubs 

It was Campbell who was at Toulon from our squad and he's on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dezz said:

No Carson in the squad for the friendly against Crusaders today. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen him in any of the training videos from Ireland

Alternatively... it is Marching season in Belfast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changing the whole team at half time tells you it was ( quite rightly ) a training exercise. 

On the bright side, not one of the players named today gives me the fear. 

We've come a long way since that complete clusterfurk summer 2016. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dezz said:

No Carson in the squad for the friendly against Crusaders today. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen him in any of the training videos from Ireland.

I saw Carson walking through Ravenscraig yesterday with his wife so he’s definitely not in Ireland 

Edited by Geedub-MFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There they are lads...

Edit to add: just noticed that Hartley's got the captain's armband rather than McHugh.

 

Edited by capt_oats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/06/2018 at 10:00, Busta Nut said:

No matter how often I hear it I cannot believe that is Grimmy's real voice.

 

He's defo like a bit parter fae This Is England.

I would have said he sounds like the hovis boy until I found out he couldn't ride a bike.

Showing my age there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...