Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

11 minutes ago, nsr said:

Any reason they are only getting one year deals?

For ATS & Gorrin this season, see Kipré and Dunne last season.

Both of the latter were initially given one year deals, because Kipré was unproven at this (or any) level, like Gorrin, and Dunne had experience but was coming off a serious injury, just like ATS.

I'm sure there will be similar arrangements in place that if things are going well for both parties, an extension and wage rise will be forthcoming.  Works well for both parties.

22 minutes ago, nsr said:

Fair enough. I guess my fear is losing them for hee haw next summer if they do well.

Tbh, with ATS, with the age he is, if we got a great season out of him, and fucked off, then I'd probably live with it. He's not going to grab a big fee at this point in his career, and we'll have had him being great for a year.

Gorrin, as mentioned, I'd imagine will get a Lee Lucas/Cedric Kipre special if he's good.

Did Jim Patterson not have it for that 6 months where McGhee turned him from chubby winger to rampaging full back?
Halcyon days! Only lost out to the magical Steven McGarry in the "most improved player" stakes.

6 hours ago, fat_tony said:
On 6/19/2018 at 16:12, Casagolda said:
Did Jim Patterson not have it for that 6 months where McGhee turned him from chubby winger to rampaging full back?

Halcyon days! Only lost out to the magical Steven McGarry in the "most improved player" stakes.

And  beat him in the "most wieght lost in one pre-season" award...

3 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

The white shorts are pretty much the only thing I dislike about the kits.

It's just occurred to me that we've probably got the white shorts as the claret ones are with the away. I still maintain white shorts don't go with a mainly amber top.

Overall if I was to go full kit w****r I'd probably just go with the away shorts with the home jersey.

The tops on their own are decent efforts though. Well done everyone.

Edited by capt_oats

The home top is a shanner. Bland, cheap, horrible collar and white fucking shorts!! Just what is this aversion the club have with going with the traditional mainly amber top and mainly claret shorts!?! After last year's cracker this is a real let down.

The away top is quite braw though.