Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

20 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Damn. No chance to visit lesser hampden, greater hampden or "wherever Queens Park currently ground share" Hampden.

That’ll be actual Hampden haha. Announced earlier on today they’re back at the national stadium because lesser hampden remains a clusterfuck. 

3 minutes ago, dezz said:

That’ll be actual Hampden haha. Announced earlier on today they’re back at the national stadium because lesser hampden remains a clusterfuck. 

They’re playing at Lesser until after the Scotland-England game in September apparently 

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

They’re playing at Lesser until after the Scotland-England game in September apparently 

Apologies. That’s what I get for only reading the headline in the tweet and not opening the article! 

37 minutes ago, Aidan said:

So they're back at Hampden because Lesser Hampden isn't quite ready yet?  However, during the time Hampden isn't ready because they are relaying the pitch in preparation of the Scotland v England game, QP have to play at Lesser Hampden until September?

You'll need to explain that one to me.

19 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Dempster doing well there then?

Complete train wreck.

Other than this, of course.

10 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

A traaaaaaaiiiiiin day to Elgin would be an epic.

It certainly would be if your starting point is Berlin!

League cup draw is ok - I'm away on holiday for most of it but if we can have Elgin away on the last matchday, that would get me a new ground (watching Motherwell at least - I've been to a game there when I was up there for the weekend once and it's a cracking wee ground), which would be lovely.

7 minutes ago, Desp said:

So they're back at Hampden because Lesser Hampden isn't quite ready yet?  However, during the time Hampden isn't ready because they are relaying the pitch in preparation of the Scotland v England game, QP have to play at Lesser Hampden until September?

You'll need to explain that one to me.

Other than this, of course.

A very well run operation imo 

11 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Hammell to Celtic is it? Good for him.

Screenshot2023-06-08at16_19_40.thumb.png.9b63a9105252db42960ad9d57304e19f.png

Fair play, good to see him back in the game. Thoroughly decent guy and undoubtedly a good coach, the manager's job was just too big, too early for him. He'll go on to do well I'm sure.

Hearing a wee rumour today we have offered a contract to Kyle Turner from Partick Thistle.

Dont know much about the lad but we are favourites to secure his signature allegedly.

Edited by wellboy1991

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

Fair play, good to see him back in the game. Thoroughly decent guy and undoubtedly a good coach, the manager's job was just too big, too early for him. He'll go on to do well I'm sure.

I mean, I've no idea if he is/isn't a good coach - his remit with us felt like it was broadly strategic and his suitability for the management gig here is a dead horse that's been truly flogged (not least by me in this thread) but either was the role he seemingly has lined up with Celtic is the equivalent to the job Ricky Foster has with us so a position within their Academy framework seems a lot more in his wheelhouse.

I thought @Onthefringes comment on Steelmen when someone speculated about him coming back here after Archibald's exit the other day was quite instructive though.

52 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Hearing a wee rumour today we have offered a contract to Kyle Turner from Partick Thistle.

Dont know much about the lad but we are favourites to secure his signature allegedly.

There's been a fair bit of chat about him on the St Johnstone thread, not surprising given his old man played for them.

@jagfox - what's the script?

Edited by capt_oats

Well, new shirt sponsor soon. Reading from the tweet that this will mean the new shirt is to be revealed around that time as well.

https://twitter.com/MotherwellFC/status/1666852590003400715?t=WMUif-Zx9mbeqYrJJ6MPuA&s=19

Pretty sure with the away short pattern, it will be an "other" colour since the last 2 where white and then black.

Edited by Phillips455

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

There's been a fair bit of chat about him on the St Johnstone thread, not surprising given his old man played for them.

@jagfox - what's the script?

He is out of contract. My contact from the Deli counter at Waitrose - Byres Road said he had been in touch with the Saintess.

Seems to be represented by Jackie McNamara's sports agency.

Lives in Johnstone, or that area, so Motherwell would be handier.

Played best for us as a #10, and had a few goals and a lot of assists and is a neat passer.

For me, he will be the hardest player to replace, especially as we have a near £300k gap in our budget, thanks to the mismanagement of the previous regime.

Edited by jagfox

2 minutes ago, jagfox said:

He is out of contract. My contact from the Deli counter at Waitrose - Byres Road said he had been in touch with the Saintess.

Seems to be represented by Jackie McNamara's sports agency.

Lives in Johnstone, or that area, so Motherwell would be handier.

Played best for us as a #10, and had a few goals and a lot of assists and is a neat passer.

For me, he will be the hardest player to replace, especially as we have a near £300k gap in our budget, thanks to the mismanagement of the previous regime.

Cheers chief.

Kettlewell claimed he doesn't play with a #10 but (IMO) Blair Spittal plays that role nominally for us and has been fucking brilliant since Ketts came in. Looking at a very small sample size of clips of Turner on YouTube and I got strong Ross Tierney vibes (who still has another 2 years on his deal with us) when it came to an eye test.

FAO: the Thread in general.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've never seen Harry Milne play but I have decided we should sign him too.

Went along to a couple of Thistle games during the WC break and he was a stand-out. Hoped we’d maybe be one of the circling vultures for him after their  financial statement yesterday but think he’s still under contract so would need a fee. Turner looked a decent footballer as well but is built like the gable end of a fiver.