Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 hours ago, mjw said:

Underwhelming and cheap.

That's Motherwell FC in a nutshell.

For me Stephen Robinson absolutely reeks of failure.

A poor, cheap, unimaginative and very 'Motherwell' appointment.

Hiya mjw, Hiya pal.

I love how you completely ignore the credit I have given Robinson ever since the beginning of the season yet dig up one from a year ago. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

As ever, I'm glad to have been proved wrong.

10 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Didn't realise how tight the time was on this. Wasted half it trying to spell Krivokapic and he wasn't even an answer.

I spent longer on Jutci... jutkiw...Jutkyw...Big Lukas than I should have. I'd also forgotten than Micheal Fraser was ever a goalkeeper for us (Thank's McGhee!) - 39 for me, which was shite given I was at all those games.

43 minutes ago, WellView said:

Great to see our youngsters involved with Scotland - Cadden, Campbell, Turnbull, Semple - anyone else? 

Reece McAlear has been involved, Robbie Hemfrey, Adam Kettings, the frankly outstandingly-named Cole Starrs.

There may be others but those are the ones I remember recently.

Links below:

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/07/26/four-well-players-star-for-scotland/

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/10/10/trio-of-scotland-youth-call-ups/

Edit to add: Jack Brown and Dean Watson are another two.

The game today finished 3-2 Scotland. Turnbull got the winner. Some boi.

Edited by capt_oats

10 minutes ago, Swello said:

I see an interview with McCall in the Sun where he mentions that the striker we almost signed late in the window was from Bradford - did we know that already?

Never 100% confirmed but Shay McCartan was a name mentioned on Twitter at the time (and on Steelmen I think).

Northern Ireland cap (natch), 23, signed for Bradford for £100k. Only made 7 starts for them in the league this season, though ironically scored a last minute equaliser for them against Bury not long after the window slammed shut.

Edited by capt_oats

Tougher than usual this year (and a bit early to be voting).

Moult would likely have strolled POTY if he had stayed - but as he didn't - I'm minded to vote for Carson as (a) he's been here since the summer and (b) has made a *huge* difference to the team as well as being extremely consistent. Hartley had he stayed injury free would also have been a very strong contender. Cedric could also have been a very good shout (see below).

Young player is also tough - but for me it has to be big Cedric, mainly because he has played a lot more than the (also excellent) Campbell - and has excelled despite moving to Scotland and having zero first team experience. Cadden after 100 games doesn't feel like a "young player" any more, even though he clearly is - so it's almost a backhanded compliment that I didn't consider him.