Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The good news just keep on coming...team and what feels like an entire club in freefall.

Really needs whoever is left in charge to grow a set and get a replacement announced asap.

Aberdeen have a larger fanbase to try and get onboard and try to give them some positive news, as despite beating us, they are still totally shit. Hence the reason that rather unfortunately they looked to jump the gun, to be fair they couldn't really give a shit about us or our current issues, why would they.

24 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

There's still time. We've not announced Flow's replacement yet.

Leeann Dempster seems to be on the cusp of being hounded out of Queens Park due to the stadium/Scottish Cup farces, so that feels kind of obvious a link.

Ordinarily I wouldn't be arse but this has probably bought Hammell another few weeks. 

All we can hope now is that, somehow, Hammell can turn this around. I can't see it though. 

I don't know Flow personally as others seem to. On one hand I wish him the best of luck as he is essentially like one of us and has worked extremely hard to get into the position he's in. On the other, the timing of this stinks and does our current position no favours. 

Everything this season seems to be brewing towards a perfect recipe for relegation. 

9 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Jesus Christ no.

I would take her back. We just could not afford her I would suspect. She is apparently on same wages at QP that she was on at Hibs.

If the club makes no statement. Even to thank Flow for his services that is a bad look imho. And again shows we are being run by amateurs 😡

6 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Seriously ? How do you know Busta without divulging any confidences etc

well there hasn't been one. wouldn't surprise me if someone flung something together later. 

I will no longer be ITK as the cool kids put it, I used to just ask flow and he'd tell me everything. I might ask for Aberdeen stuff now. 

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I would take her back. We just could not afford her I would suspect. She is apparently on same wages at QP that she was on at Hibs.

If the club makes no statement. Even to thank Flow for his services that is a bad look imho. And again shows we are being run by amateurs 😡

The club have surely already made that statement when Burrows announced he was stepping down though.

For all Aberdeen just cracking on and announcing it looks shite for us, and it does, unless we've got Burrows' replacement lined up to announce then @Busta Nut's right in saying that all that any statement from the club is essentially going be "guy who announced he was resigning is taking a new job. Shock."

Edited by capt_oats

Flow is not without his faults like all of us. Very good and eloquent at communicating with fans obviously. But from knowing people inside the club he was very naive and inexperienced commercially and not so good at communication with staff. That was a while back mind and he was only a few years in the job. Probably became better at those aspects. 

I am not overly concerned he has gone nor for that matter where he has gone. 

I am concerned what the Board are doing in regards to a replacement and that current shitshow we are watching on the pitch with a Manager that seems out of his depth. Silence on both fronts is not a good look / sign from the Board / Club.

4 minutes ago, welldaft said:

She managed to run the place at a substantial loss when we were finishing 2nd and getting to cup finals - the last thing we need.

Just now, capt_oats said:

The club have surely already made that statement when Burrows announced he was stepping down though.

For all Aberdeen just cracking on and announcing it looks shite for us, and it does. Unless we've got Burrows' replacement lined up to announce then @Busta Nut's right in saying that all that any statement from the club is essentially going be "guy who announced he was resigning is taking a new job. Shock."

Fair point re previous statement. I am just getting my nickers in a twist. Because there is a lot for the Board to address as we and myself in particular have an ongoing meltdown 😉

I will calm down shortly….honestly. 

8 minutes ago, Swello said:

She managed to run the place at a substantial loss when we were finishing 2nd and getting to cup finals - the last thing we need.

A lot has changed since when she was appointed by John Boyle. 

Back then I know we budgeted for top half and a run in the cups. Which when it did not happen gave us those financial issues. 

Apparently we now budget for 10th and have a much more prudent approach. Understandable and why we are probably struggling in the league etc. 

She is clever and commercially astute. But again I doubt she would come back, so a moot point anyways. 

Edited by welldaft

LIkewise with the Scottish Cup I think we need a reality check on Flao.

One thing is very adept with and has a good track record of doing is managing the narrative and perception.

I mean you're asking us to believe he just had an epiphany one day and for the greater good he's decided to stand down, a mixture of the good of the club and fresh eyes. How many of the rest of you have just jacked a well paid job with a toddler in the house and nothing lined up?

Aberdeen adding discussions started when he came on the market ..... nonsense. Was the position ever advertised? It seems there only one guy McCormack ever wanted. The fact it is in their press release at all is a thing in itself.

He wanted to manage his departure under his terms and yet again Aberdeen have had itchy fingers. I suspect upon seeing this today he was not happy.

I appreciate Flao for all he's done, I wish him well, but let's not sugar coat this as anything other than someone moving for probably double what they were on, not some doey eyed romance about love for a club that nurtured him.

His statement says he was approached by a number of clubs after announcing his decision to stand down and he chose Aberdeen.  He possibly knew he would have options if he chose to stand down but it seems a bit odd that he's not taking a wee bit of a break before starting up there as the suggestions were he was run down. Maybe he thinks it will be less demanding without the emotional attachment but I doubt it, particularly if he's commuting. 

16 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

He wanted to manage his departure under his terms and yet again Aberdeen have had itchy fingers

Aberdeen have a new manager to get - the irony is that AB will probably spend more of February dealing with Aberdeen's managerial situation than ours because the conflict of interest is now an undeniable fact (which is why in normal business world, gardening leave is a thing) and he can't realistically be making/contributing to decisions now that affect Motherwell from March onwards..

Edited by Swello

2 hours ago, eliphas said:

I think that's all fine but it's also not really fine if something that turns out not to be true suddenly becomes it because it's mentioned and shared enough.

In context it's ok, and the sensible posters on here know how to deal with it. But when it's out of context and presented as fact it becomes an issue. For me anyway. 

I'm talking in general terms now, and probably shouting into a void on the internet, but people need to be careful what they say and be responsible. 

May I ask what did @wellboy1991 do different from me at the AGM? I listened to things that were said and put them down. I asked for and corrected any omissions and added in bits I overlooked or forgot. Yes it was a formal setting but I'm sure there are things discussed at it under candour that the board wouldn't like being widely reported and I think and of that stuff was left out by myself and others.

@wellboy1991 has a relationship with a player and he decided to share as it may shine a light on stuff most of us are oblivious of. Again first hand from someone directly affected and in the mix.

So you have to ask is @wellboy1991 lying? I got not a wiff of that and the soul searching before posting reinforces it. So the player, disgruntled or just fed up but definitely not happy and moved a distance from friends and family to advance his career and now in a relegation dogfight. Of course if he's not playing, out of favour, etc. it may taint his views but I'd argue that would be directed to personalities rather than facts.

Be careful not to shoot those who shine a light @eliphas, how others choose to use it or twist it has zero to do with what the original poster and their motives. The and I'd hate to think others would think twice, that is censorship and that for me is bullshit.