Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The St Mirren game at Fir Park feels like it has the potential to be a pretty grim night. Wouldn't really surprise me if we lose by 3 or 4 with increasingly annoying ex-players scoring all of them.

*scratches head* "Yeah, disappointing. We were well prepared and had a good week in training. So, yeah. Disappointing."

Edited by capt_oats

20 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The St Mirren game at Fir Park feels like it has the potential to be a pretty grim night. Wouldn't really surprise me if we lose by 3 or 4 with increasingly annoying ex-players scoring all of them.

The scoring being rounded off by Declan with a gun to the head celebration. 

18 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

I have been contemplating putting this out their due to the usual comments that it would get. But I’m going to risk it anyway and take the hit. 

About 6 months ago, I got a new next door neighbour. Current Well player, from down south. Absolutely lovely guy, just a genuine nice guy. Down to earth and no airs and shits about him.

Have become quite good mates with him and despite my previous attempts he doesn’t usually talk much about the club. Wee bits here and there. Rest of the neighbours are **** and Tim’s so they don’t care who he is . 

However this week he did say a few things. He came home from training the other day and was out with his dog, I asked ‘hard session today’. He laughed and exact words ‘never a hard session mate’. I looked at him and laughed.

He then said basically training it’s  an utter shambles, no one has a clue what the f**k is going on. Basically he has seen better organisation at the juniors or as he put it non league teams.

Utterly amateurish with little emphasis on the graft in the game. He genuinely seemed gutted about it all. Hammell is not respected by the players and seemingly his ego is out of control. Big split amongst the players which has resulted in Burrows being approached bye multiple senior players. Burrows is a rabbit in the headlights and doesn’t have a clue what to do.

Kerr is stuck in the middle and can’t bridge the gap with players and managers. However there is a  big split with Kerr over something that happened with Barry Maguire, no clue what. He didn’t elaborate. 

Sounds pretty far fetched until you watch our team and it all makes sense tbh. We are an utterly divided team from top to bottom. Rudderless off and on the pitch.

If all this is true then surely the board are aware of the problem. It is also quite simple to fix.. Get in an experienced manager who can revamp the training and motivate the players. The players must believe on what they are being asked to do. Too many of our players have regressed. It looks like they do not believe in the tactics and what they are being told to do.. There is only one solution change the manager and do it before it is too late.

13 minutes ago, Swello said:

FoObsUCXoAcL1Ai?format=jpg&name=large

Apart from looking like the Apostrophe Monster has gone mental - I quite like that.

I'd rather it said something like "don't lose your man at set pieces" or, "cross it to someone wearing the same shirt as you". Passion means f**k all. 

1 hour ago, Gallus Numpty said:

Owned by yes, run by no.

Is that yet another greenie I see b4 me 😲. Knock me down 🖕

I get the point you are making. However we have representation of the fans on the Board as part of the Well Society. So yes I do not run the club anymore than Busta or Yassin.

But these representatives are available to the fans and will be well aware of our feelings. Also all the directors are fans. So technically we are actually being run by fans 🤔.  

13 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I get the point you are making. However we have representation of the fans on the Board as part of the Well Society. So yes I do not run the club anymore than Busta or Yassin.

But these representatives are available to the fans and will be well aware of our feelings. Also all the directors are fans. So technically we are actually being run by fans 🤔.  

Busta and Yassin running the club for a day would be highly entertaining. I'm all for it. 

42 minutes ago, Swello said:

FoObsUCXoAcL1Ai?format=jpg&name=large

Apart from looking like the Apostrophe Monster has gone mental - I quite like that.

I wonder what it would have said if someone other than "He's a Nice Guy/Club Legend" Stevie was the manager on this current run. 

That's right, Douglas Dickie and Tom Feely are the link. Sitting on the WS board and club board now as full directors. I think, from memory, prior the WS/Club rejig they were maybe just reps but not full directors? Could be wrong on that. 

The only other directors are Jim McMahon, Andrew Wilson and Flow. 

So I think Douglas and Tom definitely have the influence as is needed. They are involved in everything a director should be. But how much of that is actually driven from WS discussions I'd doubt.

Edited by eliphas

48 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Excuse you. I managed to manifest us signing Nadir Ciftci that one time.