Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

55 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Can you imagine a disinterested KVV and Tony Watt on the pitch at the same time?  Shudder.

It's a big massive no from me.

I understand what you're saying, but last season whilst both were still at the club they scored 16 between them in the first half of the league season. KVV only managed two between Watt leaving and the season ending.

2 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I understand what you're saying, but last season whilst both were still at the club they scored 16 between them in the first half of the league season. KVV only managed two between Watt leaving and the season ending.

Aye. I was looking for your posts in the thread around the time Watt left.

Did KVV not have a better goals per minute played rate or something like that while Watt was the top scorer in the league. Either way, they were both more than effective in the same team.

Edited by capt_oats

16 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Another local paper in Norway suggests SSJ will soon be joining Odd at their pre-season training camp.

If we get money for him, nevermind make a profit, then it will be great business. 

He might be handsome but he's fucking pish at fitba. A bit like myself actually... 

55 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

And the big gallus dick got offered an extension off those two goals. Some boi.

Watt still has 2.5 years on a 3.5 year contract. That’s about £750k….. I’ll let that sink in.

In his defence, he worked out Alexander way before many of us and he at least seemed to give a f**k whenever he wore C&A.

Edited by Kapowzer

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I won't lie, I'm all for this.

Me too the more I think about it. Was all in on the hype when we on this thread got him signed, loved him while he was here, was peeved when he left for Utd, enjoyed him getting sent off against us, would take him back and forgive all. Tony +1 CM and I think I'd be pretty pleased with our Jan business.

1 minute ago, Mr Hahn said:

Me too the more I think about it. Was all in on the hype when we on this thread got him signed, loved him while he was here, was peeved when he left for Utd, enjoyed him getting sent off against us, would take him back and forgive all. Tony +1 CM and I think I'd be pretty pleased with our Jan business.

I mean, apart from that gaping hole at left back and only having two fit CBs one of whom is a perpetual liability I agree.

1 minute ago, DeadStar said:

If signing Watt means we can't afford a CB or midfielder then punt it into the sea.

I don't see why it wouldn't tbh.

Assuming the other moves out happen eg: Sol to Odd, Shields to QP/Dundee/wherever...

We've not replaced Maguire or Penney either so you'd think there's room in the budget.

It just feels like a lot of business to do in less than 48 hours.

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Assuming the other moves out happen eg: Sol to Odd, Shields to QP/Dundee/wherever...

We've not replaced Maguire or Penney either so you'd think there's room in the budget.

The silence is deafening.

13 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, apart from that gaping hole at left back and only having two fit CBs one of whom is a perpetual liability I agree.

Gives me the fear that I'm not even sure which CB you are talking about. 

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

This morning I predicted three in and three put before deadline...Watt wasn't one of them, needless to say.

St Mirren's new speculate to accumulate model could see them sell the lad to Lincoln and use it to fund Watt, who even if staying in Scotland surely won't be walking away from the value of his United deal.

What we save in contrast needs pumped into our much covered defensive issues.